Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New 750 - HD Traffic route/delay time question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New 750 - HD Traffic route/delay time question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: New 750 - HD Traffic route/delay time question Reply with quote

I received a new 750 yesterday and have been playing round with it a bit this morning and have a query about HD Traffic. (I've had a 720 for years but Live services are a new experience to me!)

I turned on the unit and waited till it downloaded the Traffic information. I then planed a test route to leave immediately. It came up with a few traffic issues on the route but for all of them it did not have a delay time associated with them and therefore, I assume, did not try to route around them. In contrast using the TomTom route planner website at the same time it sees the same delays but they also have "x minutes" delay info with them and the route is planned accordingly to avoid them where possible.

Do I just need to leave the 750 switched on longer to receive some more magic data or what? Bit disappointed so far (not that it has actually been anywhere near a car!)
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some incidents simply don't cause a delay. Like a car broken down might appear, but the traffic is light so you just whizz on by. Fear not, it will show you the important stuff when there is some.
timmys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Some incidents simply don't cause a delay. Like a car broken down might appear, but the traffic is light so you just whizz on by. Fear not, it will show you the important stuff when there is some.

Yeah, I realise that some incidents won't cause a delay, or re-routing might not gain any advantage in some situations.

My concern (probably lost in my waffling post!) was that for the route I tested on the 750 the incidents had no delay, but when I looked at the on-line TomTom Route planner these same incidents did have delays. The Route planner chose a chose a different route that avoided the incidents whereas the 750 didn't.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: