Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pictures in Tom Tom one V4 4N00.005
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures in Tom Tom one V4 4N00.005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K13ehr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Pictures in Tom Tom one V4 4N00.005 Reply with quote

I'm using Google maps to find places out in the wilds to use our camper, I have a few places so far, but is there a way to get the pictures I've grabbed from Google maps onto the TT so when I'm looking through the list on the TT, I can choose where I'd like to go from a pic instead of trying to remember what I called it at the time.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to embed pictures in to a POI file by using the Rich POI file although getting hold of the program to create the Rich POI file format is nigh on impossible - I have seen it mentioned a few times on a couple of GPS related forums and it would appear to do exactly what you want, all we need to work out is where to get the POI file builder from - Mike
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this would be of help to you. But if you use the TomTom SDK you can load pictures onto the TomTom and view them.

Have a look at my web site page HERE

It shows you how this can be done, and you can also download the file to try it out. See the section down the page named: Different Main Menu
K13ehr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Pocket GPS, (I wish you guys would sign your posts) I'm not sure I understand how that would help me, I don't want to just have photos on my TT, I'd like to have a thumbnail as a reminder of a site instead of or alongside a individual POI.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking out loud here and I'll probably wish later that I didn't when it goes PeteTong, but here goes-
It is somehow possible to get a Raster map showing on your TT. So I wonder if you saved the photo relative to the POI in the same format as Raster maps, when you zoom in on the POI the map would change into the "raster photo" I tried the Raster MAps thing once myself but gave up as a lot of work is involved and it didn't actually achieve anything.

I think TTHome has a selection of Raster Maps for download (Stansted Airport is a good example) so perhaps there may be further information on how to do your own conversion there.

Alternatively, by using PocketGPS' method if your TT does not already support Photos, pre-load the photos into your SatNAv. Create a POI file called something like "Places to Visit" and have that POI category to display on the map. Then every time you place a photo onto the TT name it with something which relates to its location AND create an entry in "Places to Visit" POI with the same name . Then, when planning a route, you will be able to see where there are "Places to Visit" and, by touching the icon, retrieve the name and then search your photos for the same name to see if it worth a diversion.

Hope the above makes sense.

Ali.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Last edited by AliOnHols on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware of this site for raster creation?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: