Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Navigon 7310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Navigon 7310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: POI Navigon 7310 Reply with quote

Dear members

I am considering buying the Navigon 7310. Does anyone know if I can use other party POI's as you can with TomTom.
Alternatively I may buy the TomTom 750 Live Europe, although the Navigon seems a better design.

My vehicle is a motorhome and we will be touring Europe for a few weeks in April.

Thanks in advance

best regards

trev eden
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment you have to buy a 3rd-perty product to be able to load your own POIs. Navigon are talking up the possibility (but only that) of producing a facility to allow it directly.

Currently the add-on is about £20 - you will find quite a lot about it on here in several threads. It's POI-Warner, sold by (www.) navigating.de Their site gives information about its functions and layout.

I would point out that it does NOT display the POIs on the map, as you might expect. It provides a small subdisplay on approach to the POIs, such as cameras, and uses the Navigon 'Route' function to create a route to a Restaurant, etc if you want to go there.

You may also like to know, as you have a motor-home, that on the models 6310 & 8410 (only at present from the website) you can buy the Truck Navigation add-on. It seems expensive and I don't know what it's like, but it's probably worth you knowing.
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Navigon Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

Seems like the ideal solution for the motor home. Shame about the points of interest. Checked poi warner, seems like the software is for Navigon pda satnav systems .

Navigon won't comment so will have to take the option of the tomtom go 750 live , even though i have read negative reviews about the drive size. Ie it seems like when you update it , you have to remove other stuff to make sure the drive is capable of taking the updates, and of course the "only one kick at the can" map update.
Crying or Very sad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi treveden - if you mean POI-Warner won't work with the 7xxx, I can fairly well assure you it will - you can see if you go onto navigating.de's website and look under systems for MN7 (which the 7xxx, etc use). I can point you to the page which will show you the reference to the different compatible Navigon systems if you like, but am assuming that you have definitely decided on the TT now anyway.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon Reply with quote

treveden wrote:
Thanks for the information.

Seems like the ideal solution for the motor home. Shame about the points of interest. Checked poi warner, seems like the software is for Navigon pda satnav systems .
Crying or Very sad

Not at all, many people are using PoiWarner on Navigon Sat Nav's.
All of the current range of Navigon's are running version 7 of the software. PoiWarner just don't refer to specific models.
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Navigon POI Reply with quote

Hi David, John and Mark

Thats really good news. Now I will rethink and probably go for the Navigon 7310 being the newer version of the 6310.

Then on my next update I can use the truck software option possibly. Although it would seem that most of the truck software only cover the uk. We spend a fair bit of our time in europe in the motorhome.

Amazing thing is Amazon say the the 6310 is a newer version than the 7310.

Thanks for the information
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon POI Reply with quote

treveden wrote:
Hi David, John and Mark

Thats really good news. Now I will rethink and probably go for the Navigon 7310 being the newer version of the 6310.

Then on my next update I can use the truck software option possibly. Although it would seem that most of the truck software only cover the uk. We spend a fair bit of our time in europe in the motorhome.

Amazing thing is Amazon say the the 6310 is a newer version than the 7310.

Thanks for the information

Don't get confused, the 6310 is actually the newer model of the 2.
Never understood why it was given a lower number. (it may lack some features the 7310 has?)
Truck software is only available on the 6310 and 8410 models (both were only launched Sept 09)
If you can purchase before 21st and register with Navigon they are giving 2 years Map updates away for models which don't normally include it (think only the 84xx models and some others include freshmaps in the price)

http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/shop/freshmaps_promotion.html
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treveden - off the Navigon site:
Quote:

Important notes

With Truck Navigation, you also receive a map update to the NAVIGON Q4/2009 release. You can also download Q1 and Q2/2010 map updates free of charge via NAVIGON Fresh when they become available.

Easy installation
NAVIGON Fresh downloads the files needed and automatically installs them on your navigation device.

POIs are updated via your FreshMaps subscription.

Truck Navigation is available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Great Britain, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia

Points of interest (POIs) are shown in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Gibraltar, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Monaco, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
(Q1/2010 is now out.)
SergeiV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
I have a Navigon 8450 Live. Does anybody know can I use Truck Navigation on this device? I heard that this device is actually 8410 but with Live module.
Second question - Truck Navigation will replace existing software or will add as additional?

Sergei
Tallinn, Estonia
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SergeiV wrote:
Dear All,
I have a Navigon 8450 Live. Does anybody know can I use Truck Navigation on this device? I heard that this device is actually 8410 but with Live module.
Second question - Truck Navigation will replace existing software or will add as additional?

Sergei
Tallinn, Estonia

Not at the moment. Truck Navigation is different software, so is the LIVE software so at the moment you can either have one or the other not both Sad
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: POI Warner DE Reply with quote

Me again,

made the decision and purchased the navigon 7310 from Amazon. Giving 2 years free map updates, seemed like a good deal.

Earlier I asked for information on the POI warner and was offered great advice. So when I go to Navigating.DE , faced with a selection of Navigon devices.
Guys any idea which version I should choose, there are four selections, Is it mobile navigator /7 ?
Finally do I need an sd card in the unit, or install the poi warner software to the main drive ?
Aplogies if this seems a bit thick, but like you say the poi warner site doesn,t list model numbers.

Cheers , thanks for the advice so far

trev eden
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev,

Yes, it's Mobile Navigator 7 you want. As you work your way through the purchase process you will reach the following page
Quote:
https://sslsites.de/pocketgps.de/secure_order/shop/Bestellen_Step1.php?pid=173&lan=en
You want the '7xxx' download.

Not sure about the sd card question, mine won't work without it, except in demo mode, and POI-Warner assumes it's using an sd card. But I THINK that when you are going through the download process it may ask you which you want to use, if your 7310 is different - that could be partly why it's a different download to the other models.

And don't forget btw from what was said before, you won't be able to get Truck Navigation on it, at least currently.
treveden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Navigon POI Reply with quote

Thanks David

Know from your previous post that I am unable to install the truck software at the moment, hopefully that will come later. BTW chose the 7310 on the drive size, the 6310 has a 2 gb drive , whilst the 7310 has a 4 gb drive. Not sure it will make much difference, but hey you never know. Just use the lorry setting, seems to work ok.

Think I Will stick a card in , as you say POI warner looks for it on install.
regards

trev eden
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, treveden Razz Somewhile since I used POI-Warner until the other day. I saw something I had forgotten Embarassed It One of the dialogue screens does actually ask you to specify which drive you want to set up on - the unit and the card show up as two separate drives in 'My Computer'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: