Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to tear your hair out....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to tear your hair out....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: How to tear your hair out.... Reply with quote

If you, like me, have 7/8 maps on one card, it used to be easy before 1.4, to easily select any map from power up on the mail menu...now, you have to really keep hunting around to try and find this option. I keep telling myself that 'I'll remember that', to no avail ! (Perhaps this should fall under the wish list.....'Please simplify map selection option again'.) Very annoying.
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you do this before FF? Did it come up with the full-screen pictorial of one of the map cards (blue for 1:25k, pink for 1:50k) and let you select between by moving the joystick left/right?

I have my maps on separate cards so I wasn't able to do this. Now I'm on 1.4 it's the screen I remember as missing.

Do you have several maps covering the same area? (eg 1:25k, 1:50k, A-Z?) Maybe the easiest thing to do is send your card back to Satmap and get it made "toggleable" -then you can swap between maps on the fly. Would this solve your problem, or are your maps defferent area and you want to quickly move between them?
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, in your first paragraph...dead easy. Ridiculous as it may sound, I gave up earlier and just went on one of my routes up on the South Downs..(very snowy and not a soul to be seen.)
I assumed earlier that toggable meant switching between maps, but it doesn't...it means a quick way to toggle between 1:25 and 1:50.
Most of my maps are different area sexcept two , which are 'neighbours'.
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When viewing the map at any time just press the joystick button, and one of the buttons then takes you to the 'Map Packs' screen.

I agree that this should really be accessible from the 'Main Menu'. On the Main Menu there is a level of duplication in that pressing the bottom right button cycles throughs the various menu screens (compass, trip log, gps staus and back to map), but this can also be achieved by moving the joystick to the right, down or pressing it.

Perhaps when at the Main Menu moving the joystick left and right should cycle through the map packs, and pressing the joystick could make the currently displayed map pack active?
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....once the GPS locks in, ie 'GPS Map', you are asked to choose information type...as long as you select ', Position Info', then I can select map packs. Likewise, it seems now that by selecting any map..(I'm looking at the Lake District.....a days drive away ! )...if I now View Map..it takes you into Planning...hit the button again and there's the map packs option again. So that seems to be it...nothing like as easy with the previous version though....hopefully, this might help somebody else as well.
ps Without a GPS lock...seems like I have to get to the Planning page to select any map. Cheers !
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I've got GPS Lock, either in GPS Map or in planning, a single press of the joystick still takes me straight to the screen with the Map Pack option.

The only time it asks me to select 'Position info' first is when the current position cursor is over part of a route or a POI.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: