Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed limit corrections
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed limit corrections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: speed limit corrections Reply with quote

Hi all and Seasons Greetings.

I have asked this before but wonder if anyone has come up with a solution. Here is Australia, the tomtom maps that have been produced, have their road sections too large for accurate speed limit changing. that is, when I go to correct a speed limit, there may not be a nearby intersection and you have to rely on how tomtom have broken up the affected road, with the general result that their road section is no where near where you want to correct a speed limit.
Has anyone worked out a way around this problem??

Jeff
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to take it to the nearest point to where the speed changes , so you go to edit and adjust the it to either to far or or before the speed limit (which ever is the nearest to the change)it's not perfect but that's how it works even for us here in the uk
I do wish they would bring out a poi to poi that would make it a lot more sense as sometimes they do overlap by a large distance which can be annoying
hope this helps Very Happy
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is annoying. Obviously when they create the maps, there is a process they use to add these points/breaks in the roads. Why cant the process be used post map release, to add a point where a speed limit changes, a fresh point/break.

Jeff
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
I do wish they would bring out a poi to poi that would make it a lot more sense as sometimes they do overlap by a large distance which can be annoying

That would be an ideal solution to speed limit changes.

I have only been to Australia once (back in 1995) and I remember driving through a hamlet (only two or three houses) where the speed limit changed from the national speed limit to the town limit via a number of step-down speed limit changes. Once I'd driven past the houses the speed limit rose back via a number of speed limits. The road was straight and it would have been impossible to have correctly marked the speed limit changes using the current TomTom method, a poi to poi system would have made it possible to have recorded the speed limits.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: