Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Saved routes profile data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Saved routes profile data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Saved routes profile data Reply with quote

When I convert a trail and save it as a Route in the A10 I can call it up from the Routes Menu, press "View" to see it on a mini-map and then press "Profile" to see an altitude graph on a screen called "Route Plan".

At the bottom of this is a section detailing date and time, Odo, Tot Time, St Line, Mov, AveMov, Now [spd], Ave, Max.

With the exception of the date and start time, all values are zero. This was always the case with this function from the very beginning of my A10 ownership, so far as I can recall, but I would have thought that with v1.4 etc. and the latest platform, I would finally have this facilty working.

Does anyone else get this?
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saved routes profile data Reply with quote

With the v1.4 card upgrade and latest SatSync, I get the same limited route data as you on the Profile page.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, by chance, I think I've stumbled over the answer! It seems that the data in the bottom field doesn't refer to the route but to each waypoint along it - if I use the joystick to traverse across the elevation graph, the data shows on a cumulative basis for each progressive way point along the way. In theory therefore, the data for the last point on the route should be the same as for the whole route. In the example I had onscreen when discovering this, however the last waypoint was at 5.77k while the route description stated it as 5.60k. There's no doubt a technical answer to this, but it's slightly annoying not to know which data is in fact correct.

I should add I suppose, that after realising this, I went and read the manual - there's a reference to this on page 35 where a screenshot shows a similar but not identical situation. The key seems to be that my routes are generally saved and converted trails rather than routes composed before walking them. Such saved routes throw up a slightly different screen but the above mentioned principle still applies.
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a revelation to me PloddinPedro. I had no idea about the function of the joystick on the Profile page. There's masses of info on the trip profile to be found there. Smile

That's two good tips in one day for me. In another thread about how to find the exact software version number by pressing a sequence of buttons on the About page was also something new for me. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: