Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No warning sound on some Section Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No warning sound on some Section Cameras
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: No warning sound on some Section Cameras Reply with quote

The warning sound for all my cameras work fine with the exception of some section cameras. The main culprits are on the motorway. These cameras are "live" and show up on my TT520 but the sound remains mute (all the right boxes are checked) I hope I have missed somthing real obvious but what?

Lane Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to a more applicable forum section.

What method are you using for the warnings of the cameras, the ogg files TTS or the simple beeps/ bongs etc - Mike
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a default sound. I've tried others in the default list then run the demo, but just as on an actual route, other camera warnings occur but the section camera stay mute.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "section cameras" do you mean the average speed/SPECS cameras?

If so, I remember seeing something about this before in the forum.
I can't remember exactly what the solution was, but I THINK it was to re-do the alerts and to set up the SPECS ones first.
It SHOULDN'T make any difference, but apparently (if I've remembered it right) it does.
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am refering to the Specs cams.What do you mean by set the Specs cams first?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set the Specs cameras BEFORE the pMobiles (if you use them) as this was a known issue a while back, but it tended to lock the device up when configuring the warnings rather than not issue them.

Check how many ov2 files you have in your currently active map folder as the specs cameras seem to be the first to be affected if/ when you eceed the Custom POI category limit.

This limit is dependent upon device type and version of software being used so there is no hard and fast rules, Go-x20/ x30/ x40/ x50 have a limit of 255 custom POI categories, other devices in the XL and One product range will be down to around 100 custom categories unless anyone knows differently - Mike
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean I put the warning sound on these cameras first?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
This MIGHT not be the problem at all, but it's worth trying, before we have to get more technical.
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Yes.
This MIGHT not be the problem at all, but it's worth trying, before we have to get more technical.

I tried that and ran the demo over an area with the section cams and on the outward journey the warning sounded for only one of the 5 cameras but on the return it sounded for all of them. I repeated everything on a 2nd TT520 and that one was ok on both legs of the journey where previously there was nothing either way. So your suggestion worked great for one at least, though I wonder why the other device is so choosey?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have missed it here but are the cameras being discussed PGPSW cameras or TomTom? The TT SPECs cameras do not always give warnings, they have three types, the entry, middle and end SPECs. Between the entry and exit, I only appear to get an audible warning when going overspeed. This also seems to affect the PGPSW camera warnings when the two different offerings seem to clash.

I have also noticed other camera warnings randomly missing recently and have not fully worked out why, it seems to be amongst, using V9 software, whether POIs are displayed in 3D and/or 2D view and turning off voice guidance (not sound).
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
I might have missed it here but are the cameras being discussed PGPSW cameras or TomTom?

DOH! We should have asked that much earlier! Well done MrT....
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
I might have missed it here but are the cameras being discussed PGPSW cameras or TomTom? The TT SPECs cameras do not always give warnings, they have three types, the entry, middle and end SPECs. Between the entry and exit, I only appear to get an audible warning when going overspeed. This also seems to affect the PGPSW camera warnings when the two different offerings seem to clash.

I have also noticed other camera warnings randomly missing recently and have not fully worked out why, it seems to be amongst, using V9 software, whether POIs are displayed in 3D and/or 2D view and turning off voice guidance (not sound).

The cameras are PGPSW Specs and are not clashing with other cameras and are used on the 3D with voice. The two TT520's are V8.351. I get no warning on over speed - this doesn't appear to be an issue with the device that still offers no sound (well in one direction anyway)
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The overspeed warning only occurs with the TomTom cameras as these work in a different way to POI cameras.

Take a look at whether you have "ticked warn only if on route". I have seen issues in the past where if a POI is placed on one carriageway and you are on another carriageway (or if the TT sees it that way) it does not see the POI as being on route. I always leave the warn only if on route unchecked so I am warned of cameras when I am not navigating and can put up with the occaisional warning of off route cameras.
LANE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
The overspeed warning only occurs with the TomTom cameras as these work in a different way to POI cameras.

Take a look at whether you have "ticked warn only if on route". I have seen issues in the past where if a POI is placed on one carriageway and you are on another carriageway (or if the TT sees it that way) it does not see the POI as being on route. I always leave the warn only if on route unchecked so I am warned of cameras when I am not navigating and can put up with the occaisional warning of off route cameras.

Ok I've unchecked the "warn only if on route" I will do a test drive to see what the TT sees & warns of over the next few days.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often, but not always, you can test out features such as POI warnings by planning a route in advance then selecting a demo of the route and see if the feature works. in your case, just plan a small route from before the SPECs cameras to just after them. This works for most features as long as the problem is not caused by a lack of accurate GPS signal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: