Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 740 live speedcams (HD) shows expired
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 740 live speedcams (HD) shows expired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom 740 live speedcams (HD) shows expired Reply with quote

Got a problem with the "live" speedcams. It now shows that my subscription has expired some time ago. (My subscription is actually still active) If i goto the live services screen and look at the individual live services it shows that google is active till 10th Jan 2010. Buddies is active till 10th Jan 2010 and all other "Live" services are active till 10th Jan 2010. The problem is that there are 3 icons for Speedcams and all show my subscription has expired in Jan 2009. Also there are 3 icons for Live speedcams and these show my speedcams are active till 10th Jan 2010. In all 6 icons for live speedcam subscription. If i do a Factory reset and a soft reset i only have 1 icon for each of the live services all showing expirery date's of 2009. TomTom have no idea and have sent my case to 2nd line. They say all my live services expire Jan 2010.

Just for info i have actually given notice to cancel my live susscription and have resubscribed back to the speedcam database here as it is far better.(not installed them yet)

I have done a full "explorer" backup from my TomTom just in case i need to wipe it and start again.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 740 live speedcams (HD) shows expired Reply with quote

madhatter wrote:
Just for info i have actually given notice to cancel my live susscription and have resubscribed back to the speedcam database here as it is far better.(not installed them yet)

I have done a full "explorer" backup from my TomTom just in case i need to wipe it and start again.

So madhatter is a complete misnomer and you're actually quite bright? But do install the pgpsw cameras today, not "later".

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do a factory reset you delete your account from the device and the live services that will be showing are the expired free services that you do not need an account to use. You will not see your subscribed services and will need to re-enter your username and password under "preferences" a few pages in, then "My TomTom Account" to use your subscribed services

I like nearly everyone else have a load of expired "safety" services under "My Services" but apart from not needing this info, it does not cause any problems using the services. This info comes from the TT servers and whatever you do to your device will not alter it.
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about why the expired services are there when you do a factory reset. I entered the login details. Sync then it did not overwrite the "speedcam" fields. I did all the other live setrvicces.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: