Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wireless specs cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless specs cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Wireless specs cameras Reply with quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21159

My stupid council (Waltham Forest) has signed up to test out these things in a local road where the speed limit has been made 20. The road theyre doing it in is just under a half mile long with a hill at the start of it & a school half way down.

Obviously its busy at the school in the morning & afternoon when you should slow down, but even as early as 7pm theres hardly any traffic down there & certainly no need to do 20 all the time. And what about something like 3am? You still have to stick to 20!!!!

I was taking my son to a local station down another 20mph road & I tried sticking to the limit without looking at the speedo & at the end my son told me I was doing between 17 & 25!!!! It just cant be done.

These money making schemes by the authorities are now getting absolutely ridiculous & there doesnt appear to be anything we can do about it.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless specs cameras Reply with quote

freedy50 wrote:
I was taking my son to a local station down another 20mph road & I tried sticking to the limit without looking at the speedo & at the end my son told me I was doing between 17 & 25!!!! It just cant be done.

It's easy - change gear (down). Oh, and put your lights on at 7pm these nights.

In the meantime, put your opinion about relevance of that 24hr speed limit to your local Councillor - you haven't the faintest hope of getting us to change it for you. Laughing Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless specs cameras Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
freedy50 wrote:

It's easy - change gear (down). Oh, and put your lights on at 7pm these nights.

I've got an automatic so it makes its own mind up what gear I'm in! And my lights automatically go on when its dark. Smile

But are you saying that you'd be quite happy driving in 2nd or 3rd gear all the way along the road just to stick to 20mph?

Quote:
In the meantime, put your opinion about relevance of that 24hr speed limit to your local Councillor - you haven't the faintest hope of getting us to change it for you. Laughing Laughing

Thats a good idea. I might just do that. Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless specs cameras Reply with quote

freedy50 wrote:
I've got an automatic so it makes its own mind up what gear I'm in! And my lights automatically go on when its dark. Smile

OK, so get your right leg taken off at the knee! Twisted Evil

freedy50 wrote:
But are you saying that you'd be quite happy driving in 2nd or 3rd gear all the way along the road just to stick to 20mph?

Yup (if you can call it "happy") - I actually did so the other day somewhere and it was a real drag. But it was the speed limit, so I did it. I have to assume the wise mandarins in speed limit land are wiser and brighter than I, so they know it does me good. Note, but I rarely get up to 25mph (by speedo fanciful display, as opposed to satnav actual slower) in any built up area with a normal 30mph limit anyway. 30 years ago my daughter used to scream at me from the back seat that "it's a 30mph zone so speed up!" I NEVER travel in her car!

freedy wrote:
Quote:

Thats a good idea. I might just do that. Very Happy

The opposition do just that every week to Gordon Brown at PM's Questions. May I suggest you start by asking if he/she voted in favour of the speed limit and if so, why it's in force 24 hours instead of just when the lights flash like most of them near schools.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless specs cameras Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I have to assume the wise mandarins in speed limit land are wiser and brighter than I.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: