Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi misses destination?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi misses destination?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifb-online
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi misses destination? Reply with quote

My wife's aunt has a Garmin Nuvi (sorry I don't know the model, but she bought it from Halfords about 2 years ago - despite my recommending Tom Tom!).

Anyway, she went to visit friends near Swindon the other day and she says that the route took her past the village where she was supposed to be going.

Is there anything obvious that could have caused this? She swears that the Post Code was entered correctly.

Thanks,

Ian
Formerly: Fortuna Clip On GPS, Dell Axim x50v
CheckPoint 6.0
Pocket GPS Safety Camera Database
Garmin eMap + MapSource UK maps
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map errors and postcode errors could be the blame. I have a customer who lives 7-8 miles from me. A couple of years ago i tried set a route to his house with the Garmin 760T and it took me to the wrong road when using the postcode. However entering the address manually worked fine. Checking later both addresses showed the same postcode according to Garmin. Entering the correct postcode for the "other" address in the Garmin did get the "other" address.

No problems with TT.

Moral: Always double check with Google Maps where any Sat Nav says it's taking you.
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Nuvi misses destination? Reply with quote

ifb-online wrote:
Anyway, she went to visit friends near Swindon the other day and she says that the route took her past the village where she was supposed to be going.

Is there anything obvious that could have caused this? She swears that the Post Code was entered correctly.

You can check the post code entered by going to recent selections. In my experience it is uncommon but not unprecended for a mapping error to place a post code in the wrong location.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: