Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Considering iPhone Version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering iPhone Version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieOPah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Considering iPhone Version Reply with quote

As the topic states, I am considering getting the iPhone Version of CoPilot, but before I do, I want to know something...

Basically, the one thing that my Wife hates about our TomTom is that it doesn't tell you the next stage of the journey.

So, if I have just joined the motorway and have an hour of driving ahead of me, I want to know which junction I am expecting to turn off at next. I want this information as soon as possible, not a mile away from the Junction. This also goes for normal roads. I want to know which road I am going to be turning into straight away, not 500 yards away.

So, my question is, does this software do that?

It is a shame that I can't test the software before I buy it, but therein lies the problem!!
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copilot does essentially do this. A quick test this morning saw my phone navigate past all the junctions to the next navigation point, where my navigon software would have pointed these junctions out to me. However this in my opinion is a mixed blessing as it is more to do with mapping than the software it's self.

The motorway I use is the M3 past juntion 2 which has a lane that splits away from the carriagway. Navigon warns you of this even tho you are driving straight past it. Copilot ignores the junction completely meaning you need to pay attention to the signs to ensure you don't stray into the wrong lane. This may well be more or less apparent depending on where you are in the world as it is how the software translates the maps provided.

I like the Copilot software as it has many features going for it like full postcode and built in cameras (not pgpsw) and many of the bugs have now been resolved, but I prefer the Navigon software which is a little lacking but so much more polished. It is a preference thing but like you say, if only we could try before we buy! Sad

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: