Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I hate this site
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate this site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: I hate this site Reply with quote

i hate this as i ahve been a member for almost a year and still havent been able to down load any cameras ever, i wont pay again. I find it so hard to follow the instructions
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had been subscribed for almost a year and not been able to download anything I think I would have spoken up before now.

What device are you using and which set of cameras are you trying to download.

Ask nicely and help us with some info and people may be able to assist you
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in June, I offered to talk a guy through downloading and installing them on his TomTom device. The criteria was that he should phone me, using his own phone bill, and that he should be willing to stick at it for up to an hour.

We got as far as a quick discussion on the phone when it wasn't convenient for him right then, so it was left for him to contact me when it would be possible to arrange a date. After a week or two of silence, I sent him a text saying it would have to wait for two weeks as I was now going on holiday and I told him the date I'd be back and that he should call me then. He seemed happy with that arrangement. That was back in June and I've been on another holiday since then. My mobile phone is ALWAYS switched on. I've heard nothing from him!!

Now, this is your first post - the site is rubbish, because it doesn't work. I'm 70 years old, fat and lazy, but I can do the downloads and installs with my eyes almost shut. Why can't you? Why haven't you asked for help? My experience is with TomToms, but I did once download for a Garmin and once for a McGuider and managed to follow the instructions for them both entirely successfully without breaking into a fit or tantrum.

If you have a TomTom, I'll offer you the same deal as I offered the other guy - if you'll make the phone call to my mobile phone and stick with it beside your computer for up to an hour, I'll talk you through it. I'm saying an hour in case you are not very computer savvy - I can do the job myself from scratch to finish in something under 10 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if some other member with a matching satnav to yours if it's not a TomTom offers a similar deal. I've even known offers of personal visits from somebody local - that can't be offered unless you amend your profile to show where you live.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate this site Reply with quote

dave1954 wrote:
i hate this as i ahve been a member for almost a year and still havent been able to down load any cameras ever, i wont pay again. I find it so hard to follow the instructions

Hi Dave,

Whilst I'm naturally sorry to hear you have struggled I have little sympathy if you don't ask for help. Have you followed the installation guides here? You could even have sent an email or posted in the forums asking for help but you haven't.

Now if you can reply telling us what device you have and where you are struggling we'll be happy to help.

But please don't complain any more until you have at least given us the opportunity to show you how helpful we can be and that it is straightforward once you know how.

Your history shows many downloads between May and Oct this year. I can deduce you have a Garmin but need to know what model as you have downloaded both GPX and POILoader versions.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent Dave an email to ensure he replies.
dave1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Sorry about this, as you will have gatherd i know almost nothing about computers and find the instructions hard to follow and frustrating, I just want to give up, I have tried many times over the past few months but still dont know how to do it. I have a Garmin Nuvi sat nav . dave
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So you need to download the Garmin POILoader database. Consolidated or Speed Zoned it doesn't matter.

Then try the instructions here

Have you seen the video guide here?

Where does it go wrong for you? We need as much detail on the difficultly you are having. Then we can help.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

dave1954 wrote:
Sorry about this, as you will have gatherd i know almost nothing about computers and find the instructions hard to follow and frustrating, I just want to give up, I have tried many times over the past few months but still dont know how to do it. I have a Garmin Nuvi sat nav . dave

Don't give up. You know enough to post here which is a great start and with your help we can work through this.

Have you installed Garmin's POILoader utility? This is essential to installing the speedcam POIs.

As paul has said, read the guide and then tell us where you get confused?
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may help you if you print the instructions and then you will be able to follow them step by step .

The PGPS team on here are really helpful and I am sure with there help you will do it so do not give up !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: