Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Edinburgh
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Edinburgh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Traffic Edinburgh Reply with quote

Dear All

I wonder if you could help me - my Garmin 265T does not receive any traffic for the Edinburgh area, although it does receive other traffic. I've been in touch with Garmin lots of times about this. They say it was software; they've released a software fix, but I'm still not getting any traffic concerning Edinburgh as I used to. Now they say it's the unit. However, I read on the forum it's the Scotland problem (and UK in general).

I would be grateful if anyone would kindly please post whether they have any information about traffic in the Edinburgh area. In particular, does your Garmin unit have any of the following listed under the 'Search Traffic' option: A720 (green, yellow, red, or not listed at all), A90 (green, yellow, red, or not listed at all), when receiving traffic info?

Thanks very much for your time and help.
Jacksonb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Garmin Traffic Scotland Reply with quote

I don't know how different your 265T is from my 255WT but I can ask it to search for more broadcasting stations (and keep the existing ones).
This usually works after a system reset etc. I live near Greenock and get traffic signals within 10 minutes of leaving my house. In fact the unit is superb compared to a Medion with Traffic I had before which got nothing in Scotland, (it was old but good).
I have just looked at mine to give you the menu path but as I am at my desk and don't have the TMS in I think the option is not available. I think it is Tools Settings Traffic when the receiver is in
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyho

Thanks very much for your post - i was loosing hope that anyone would ever reply. If you could tell me how you can change stations on your garmin, that would be great, thanks. All i can see is Traffic Master UK (£) and that's it.
Did you buy your Garmin with the TMC receiver?

Thanks
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Garmin Traffic Scotland Reply with quote

I am in Livingston and using a 610. On Monday when I arrived home about 17.30 there were a number of "reports" for Central Scotland including one for the bypass(A720), traffic queue, but none affecting my journey. Have to say though, east of Scotland reports seem to be fewer than those for the west!
Johnny_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get traffic info all the time and have had it on the A720 (bypass), it was a bit late by the time I got it where the M8/Hermiston Gate all join going East as there wan't a way to avoid it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: