Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera database for Navigon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera database for Navigon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GadgetMan1971
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Camera database for Navigon Reply with quote

I am looking to purchase a new Navigation unit at the moment and I am interested in a couple of units from Navigon.
One thing that concerned me is that the Navigon is not shown in the Camera database compatibility table. Is it possible to download the database for these devices and if so, which one?
The units I'm interested in are the Navigon 3300 Max and the Navigon 2310. Any feedback on these units would also be welcomed, but I will also post another message in the correct forum.

Many thanks

GadgetMan1971
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the "search" button in the row of icons at the top of this window, put "Navigon" in the search box and restrict the search to this part of the forum in the next box down, you'll get quite a few previous mentions of Navigon units.

THIS POST seems to suggest that on the more recent models you CAN add the camera database and other user-POIs, but you need to use an add-on program called POIWarner to achieve it.

The POIWarner website is here: http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=607, and that definitely says it can be used with Navigon 'MobileNavigator' versions 4,5,6 and 7. I'm guessing that is the name of the software used on the Navigon hardware machines, but don't know for sure. The website says that PNA's (personal Navigation Devices) tend to use version 6...

There are also some instructions on PocketGPSWorld for adding the camera database using POI Warner HERE, but that seems to be written assuming you're using TomTom software.

I don't know why there's no mention of Navigon in the big green compatibility chart at all. Confused Maybe an admin can shed more light on which version to use, if it's possible.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P's info is quite right.

You will probably find all the stuff you need in this thread:
Quote:
POI-Warner help please?
We (or the POI-Warner people - the 3rd party software mentioned) will be glad - I'm sure Smile - to help with any queries/difficulties you have.

The POI-Warner website
Quote:
https://sslsites.de/pocketgps.de/secure_order/shop/Bestellen_Step1.php?pid=173&lan=en
says it will work with either of the units you are interested in. Don't worry that this page is part of the ordering sequence, you won't get charged Razz . But when (if) you are interested in the product go to their home page.
GadgetMan1971
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P, BigPerk thanks very much for your replies, that really helps. At least I know I can continue to consider the Navigons in my decision.

Thanks again

GadgetMan1971

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: