Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nuvi 310 update problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvi 310 update problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Garmin nuvi 310 update problems Reply with quote

Hi, I am a new subscriber and have downloaded the camera updates and the voice alerts.
I downloaded the uk speed zoned complete option. I transfered them to my nuvi with garmin poi loader.
It stated on the poi loader screen that all the poi had been loaded onto the nuvi, but when driving past a known mobile camera site, the nuvi does not alert me to it. The mobile is 52153@30, latitude 54.92894, longitude -1.60554. The nuvi is alerting me to other cameras that it was also doing before I downloaded the updates, but the voice alerts are not working on any.
How can I check if I the nuvi has the latest updated camera database as it just seems to be working exactly the same as before I updated it.

Cheers, Neil. Confused
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anything like my nuvi 255, you may need to turn ON the Custom POIs (and turn OFF the built in ones). Try something like Tools .. Settings .. Proximity Points .. Change.

On my nuvi I can see if a particular camera POI is installed, by following Where to .. Extras .. Custom POIs and then browsing through the contents. Alternatively, with the GPS simulator on, scroll across the map and zoom in to see if the camera icon is where you expect it.

Dales.
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dales

I will give it a try, but my nuvi has never had any camera icons on the maps, just a warning at the top of the screen.

Cheers, neil.
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my mistake, it does show camera locations on the map usually.
Still cannot see the new camera and the voice camera alerts are still not working ?.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A silly question - I'm good at those - you DID load the new database into the same folder as the old one?
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get your cameras working first, before the voice alerts.

On my nuvi, I can see a camera icon for Mobile:52153 near to 92 Saltwell Road South, if I zoom in far enough.

If you cannot see it on your screen, then you need to see if it is in your nuvi database, as follows:

With the GPS simulator on (and in 2D not 3D), scroll across the map to where the camera should be. Press Set Lo to set your location (car icon) in that vicinity. Then press Where to .. Extras .. Custom POIs and browse through the contents. Your desired POI should be near the top of the list. If it's not there, then there's something wrong with your loading procedure. Report back and we'll check that out.

Dales.
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dales

I have tried what you said, but cannot see it.
When I press where to, my locations, custom poi, all I get is a list that says All categories, Accommodation, Attractions,Diy, Food etc, but nothing about any speed cameras.
It is driving me up the wall. I am new to all this and it all seems a bit daunting to me. Shocked
Also when I am in gps simulator I only have the option to view the map in 3D View, North Up, or Track Up. I do not see any option for 2D.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, looks like your using poi's from my site too. when you installed the normal pois did you also have the speed camera files at the same time? POILoader wipes them from the device before adding anything so ALL poi files (including speed cameras) need to be in the same root folder and installed at the same time.

MaFt
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had a bit of success. I was loading the poi files to the NUVI(F:\) device, tried loading to the GARMIN(G:\) DEVICE and all the speed cameras are there now, great. I also loaded the voice alerts at the same time. I have done a simulated driving route on a road that has a mobile camera and the voice alert did not come on.
Will the voice alert only come on during actual driving conditions (will test tomorrow) or have I done something wrong with this as well Confused

Neil
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you loaded the right voice files for the database? IIRC, each voice file MUST have EXACTLY the same name as the corresponding camera file (except for any file-type suffix after the "."). Also I THINK they need to go in the main folder to be recognised (but someone else can confirm/deny this).
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems to be ok now. The voice alerts are working and new camera database is loaded, at last.
Just to say thank you to everyone who responded to my plight and gave me advice. I am sure I will be back with more questions until I get myself up to scratch.

Neil.
drum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well back again already with another question.
Can I download the speed camera icons for my nuvi 310. If I can is the following the ones I need.

24x24 UK standard icons, speed zoned mph.

Thanks again

Neil.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: