Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help on how to install cameras on Nissan Connect System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on how to install cameras on Nissan Connect System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Help on how to install cameras on Nissan Connect System Reply with quote

I own a Nissan Qashqai with Nissan Connect Sat Nav. I think that i have followed all the download instructions but my sat nav does not pick up any speed cameras. I downloaded the "other csv" UK database, have copied the excel databases i csv form to a folder called myPOIWarnings, placed this in a folder called myPOIs, and loaded them to a memory stick. The nissan connect system has accepted the download, but i have tested the sat nav on roads with cameras and it does not pick them up. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong, and also do i need to download the icons onto the sat nav. Have tried both ways but still no success. Please can anyone help on these issues.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you followed our install guide here?

It's worked for other Connect owners, see here.
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: How to load speed cameras on my Nissan Connect Sat Nav. Reply with quote

I have downloaded the "other CSV" files, checked that I have put them in the correct Files as specified by both Nissan and Pocket GPS World, and downloade via the usb, which recognise the files but the Sat Nav does not bring them up when I am near a camera.. I note that other users have downloaded the Garmin csv files and this has worked for them. Any help on this problem much appreciated as I am tearing my hair out trying to resolve this issue.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the files are definitely in the x:\myPOIs\myPOIWarnings folder on your mem-stick?

Not having a Connect system there isn't much else I can add. Hopefully one of the other owners can contribute.
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect speed camera problems Reply with quote

Yes, the files are in the myPOIs\myPOIWarnings folder on my memory stick.
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Help please on nissan connect speed camera Reply with quote

I have followed all the instructions both from the nissan connect manual and also from the pocketGPSWorld site and still no success.

Can anyone help me. The other csv file has been downloade into myPOIWarnings folder which in turn is placed within the myPOIs folder. I have then loaded them onto a memory stick and transferred the folders and files onto the Nissan Connect Sat Nav system, which informs me that new POIs are available to download and indeed does that. I have driven hundreds of miles past many cameras and not one has been recognised. Am I making some simple errors or is there something I am missing. Please can anyone point me in the right direction.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, working blind... point 8 in the instructions says how to change the warning distance in setup. It may be worth looking in there in case the warnings have been disabled somehow.

Does the Nissan give any options to view the POIs on screen or "navigate to" them? Just asking to check whether it's just the warning system that's not working or if it hasn't loaded them in the first place.

Also, it notes that there is a max of 8MB of POI data. I don't know what happens if you go above this but it would be worth checking the size of the files in the myPOIWarnings folder.
Brodit ProClip mount
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you extracted the csv files from the zip file you downloaded?

MaFt
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect speed camera problems Reply with quote

Yes I have unzipped the files, and put the Excel csv files into the relevant folders. I have checked that the distance setting is enabled at 250 yds. I am well under the 8mb max as I have no other POIs in myPOIWarnings folder. Any further help much appreciated.
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Nissan connect problems Reply with quote

I have done everything suggested and still no success. I have also had a for not using the forum correctly. Sorry but this is the first time that i have used forums and i didn't realise that i had to keep to the same subject topic. Is there anyone out there that can help me?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have also had a Censored for not using the forum correctly.

Hardly. You were just asked not to double post. It's even in the Forum Rules. You'd started this thread and then started a new one on the same problem. Double posting splits up and repeats questions and answers hence we ask you don't do it.

From your earlier post

Quote:
I have then loaded them onto a memory stick and transferred the folders and files onto the Nissan Connect Sat Nav system, which informs me that new POIs are available to download and indeed does that.

Do you get an option to Download at that stage? I understand from other posts you have to do this to actually download them to the unit.

Quote:
Is there anyone out there that can help me?

There are quite a few people here who will help you. Many of us don't even have the Sat Nav you are trying to use, but we're happy to try and help. Don't forget though, the unit manufacturer comes up with the method for loading the data and how it's interpreted and displayed. PGPSW just supply the data in the format we've been told will work. Forum members and the Team here try to work out how it all works, often without even seeing the unit in question. We're working blind here. Have you contacted your Nissan dealer to see if they can help? When we do what is specified by the manufacturer it's difficult for us to know why it didn't work. Secondly this method has worked for others so i's doubly hard to know why it's not working for you. But we're trying... Try reading some of the threads regarding the Kenwood Sat Navs where different models need different folder structures on the CDs....
shaylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success. I downloaded the garmin csv files and all work well. Thanks for your help.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he mentions Excel earlier, I wonder whether he has loaded the .csv into excel and then re-saved it. This is almost guaranteed to screw things up.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this....

Are there any subtle differences in the file format between the "Garmin POILoader" .CSV files and the "Other" .CSV format files that could make one work and the other not?

In other words, do the instructions for the Nissan need modifying to suggest you use the "other" version of the .csv files or is there some other reason why shaylad had trouble with the Garmin ones?

I just downloaded the "Garmin POILoader" .csv files and the "Other" .csv format files ("Garmin Other" produces a GPS exchange (.gpx) file which Excel won't open, so we can discount that version from the equation.)

I can't see ANY differences in the layout format if I open them in Notepad.

They both have three columns for Longitude, Latitude and name (the name field being in double quote marks), plus a single comment line at the top
;Longitude,Latitude,Name.

Is there any other difference that Notepad wouldn't show up?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: