Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera 3340@30
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera 3340@30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topbanana4
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: speed camera 3340@30 Reply with quote

This camera is noted as a truvelo ( forward facing ) but over the past month ,this camera has been changed around ,so now its a Gatso (rear facing) then the next week its back to forward facing ,just thought people on here should know.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
That sounds technical enough to warrant moving it to the "database" section of the forum where it might get seen by more people Smile

Not sure if it's worth changing anything in the master database yet, but keep us informed of any developments.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's misleading to say that Truvelos are forward-facing cameras. You can actually be caught by these cameras travelling either from the front or from the back. (I know - it's happened to me!).

I know that the phrase is used to distinguish them from Gatsos, which are only rear-facing, but it could confuse people to say that Truvelos are forward-facing.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing is, which way do you have to be travelling in to get 'caught'? Sad Sad The fact that it may be forward or rear facing is irrelevant, especially when on a dual carriageway as it cannot really be 'reversible' in this case. The warning distance on a satnav should be sufficient so which way the cam is facing is of little consequence.
But thanks for the heads up on this anyway. Keep reporting cam changes Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please humour a confused Tired Old Man...

There are two cameras in close proximity on the database there - 3340 is classified as a Gatso, handling traffic travelling westbound. A very little further on is another, 2770, also classified as Gatso, covering traffic travelling Eastbound. Are both cameras there?

Neither of them are classed (in the database) as Truvelo, so what are you seeing? Have they been changed from Gatso to the newer digital ones? Truvelos are rather easily identified as they have a fairly large (sort of pink/red/purple) illuminator.

Is this one (3340) being turned round at times, or are you by any chance seeing the "other" one? Or have those two cameras been replaced by a single reversible one in the centre of the dual carriageway?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This camera is noted as a truvelo ( forward facing ) but over the past month ,this camera has been changed around ,so now its a Gatso (rear facing) then the next week its back to forward facing ,just thought people on here should know.

Sounds more like a reversible GATSO that's being turned around. I can't see a Camera Partnership replacing tens of thousands of pounds worth of equipment on a monthly basis.

topbanana4 - Does the actual hardware by the road change or does the camera "head" just change direction?

Which camera type does the camera match on this page? Look at the list of camera types below the submission section.
topbanana4
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera says GATSO and it's not a dual carrigeway just a single one.It has lines on the road both sides of the camera .This was a forward facing camera and noted as a truvelo in the database.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topbanana, I think that you have possibly got the wrong camera number. 3340 is a 40MPH camera on the A5036 (Princess Way) westbound in Liverpool. Unless they have done a lot of road alterations since the map was updated and the aerial photo taken, it's deffo a dual carriageway Confused
But it would be good to get this one sorted out Very Happy

Last edited by M8TJT on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topbanana4 wrote:
The camera says GATSO and it's not a dual carrigeway just a single one.It has lines on the road both sides of the camera .This was a forward facing camera and noted as a truvelo in the database.

OK, so maybe that's why I'm confused? - Speed Camera 3340@30 - is actually Gatso:3340 at 40mph and is located on a stretch of dual carriageway of Princess Way, A5036, Bootle, Mersyeside. I guess you've got the number wrong? Could you recheck please? (I've tried transposing numbers, without success).

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
(I've tried transposing numbers, without success).

So did I, without success Sad
topbanana4
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it is TRUVELO:3344@30 in leicester welford rd,
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the overhead view, that seems to be a one way road, so whether Gatso or Truvelo is something of a "technicality", as the trapping heading is the same for either type and the difference between the trapping distances is just a few yards from the point of view of warnings. Last time we checked it, it was a Truvelo, but I've no idea how long ago that would have been. Maybe the owners swapped it for a spare Gatso if it became "unserviceable"? On the site map, I'll swear the overhead hybrid view (which will be some years old) actually shows the camera's shadow on the right hand side of direction of travel, same as with the shadow of Gatso:2953 about 100yards south on Aylestone Road.

I perhaps should add that I think we could happily dump the classifications in favour of "fixed camera" and "heading" - there are several different makes of camera these days and if we are to be pedantic about them all, we'll spend a lot of time doing that instead of getting the locations checked. Just my own view - maybe I'll drop it in the suggestion box and win a holiday to Cleethorpes. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: