Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 775T - Why no UK traffic?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 775T - Why no UK traffic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 775T - Why no UK traffic? Reply with quote

Hi,
Received a 775T from Nuvi yesterday and took it out for a run today. Now with my 765T returned because of the bricking problem, I had traffic all the time, including the M27. This new one had an Orange light on the receiver all the way down the M27.
On checking the Traffic, the subscription page on the unit says it has a lifetime subscription to Navteq (US/Can) and does not mention the UK. Clicking the Add button, gives me a code and tells me to go to Garmin/FM Traffic to get a number. Go there and it wants me to buy a UK subscription for £30!!
On my Garmin account, under FM Traffic subscriptions, it states I have none.
What is going on?
Rang Amazon where I got a guy who had no idea of what I was on about and suggested I ring back tomorrow.
Anyone any ideas of what the problem is?
Thanks
Doug
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On checking the Traffic, the subscription page on the unit says it has a lifetime subscription to Navteq (US/Can) and does not mention the UK.

This is the same exact problem I had with the 765T. Whatever is wrong is inside the TMC unit becuase i can swap the TMC unit over between the 760 and the 765 and only one TMC works with both units. The other TMC always show the message above.

There was a firmware upgrade a while back for the 7x5s which stated something about fixing for unrecognied subscriptions but to date i still can't get it to work.

I'd speak to Garmin...
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, have sent it back to Amazon. Not only the not getting Traffic but also the onscreen keyboard was playing up. Input one letter/number and it output something else. Also it needed real taps to use the touchscreen.
Will probably get another 765T, don't know.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest running the 760 and 765 side by side if find the 760 better. The touch screen in more responsive and accurate on the 760 and the sliding menu animations on the 765 jump and freeze.

Sometimes with the 765 i select one option on the screen and nothing happens, next it's selecting completely the wrong options....
Type23
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search out one of my earlier posts you will see I had exactly the same problem. The unit being sold has free TMC lifetime subscription but if you read the small print (have to admit I didn't Embarassed )you will find it only covers USA ! You have to purchase the UK one yourself ! However as already stated if you have a lead from an old unit which has UK traffic already on it you can plug this into your 775T and receive traffic. Hope this helps.

Regards

Rich
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came with the wrong subscription (not surprising, it was a cheap grey import from eBay) but an email to Garmin support along with the serial number of the unit and the traffic receiver, plus a copy of my invoice and they sorted it for me.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I have returned it and await a refund. The Amazon page states it has traffic, it is on a UK page, so therefore I would expect it to have a UK traffic subscription.
Apart from that it was returned as faulty as the keys, on pressing one letter, outputted another. Not very helpful!
Doug

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: