Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatSync Version 1.201 further update released 20th May
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatSync Version 1.201 further update released 20th May

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: SatSync Version 1.201 further update released 20th May Reply with quote

If you are into geocaching with your satmap you should head back over to http://www.satmap.com/software.php where you can download v1.201 of satsync released today.

It includes a few tweaks to the information that is imported into Satmap from Pocket Queries.

Namely,

1)Short Descriptions added which were missing in 1.200
2) GCxx number is now added
3) The name of the cache and the owner is now included in the description not just the title
4) The date last found added at the top of the page
5) The log type e.g. Found it - added after the log date

In addition you should now be able to import pocket queries over 1mb.
ofob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Large Pocket Queries Reply with quote

My first observations about import of large PQs is that ,yes they do ...but.
As a test I imported a pq with about 1600 caches (having compiled into gpx file using Gibbos latest GSAK macro). Although one single gpx file Satsync splits them into a number of seperate .map files ,each less than 1mb ,with the same name and a numbered suffix.
At least that is what shows up in the Satsync box on the PC , but only the last one shows up in the POI menu on the Active 10 and only those are visible on the Map page.
Any offers? or anyonelse found the same . Like the new style of the description
Patrick
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OFOB, once it has been through my macro it is no longer in the same file format of a PQ. When I was told about the splitting of 1mb files by Satmap they said it would only apply to PQs for gc.com directly. Has any tried importing a gc.com PQ as it came from them in the zip file.
daveweth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be not possible to load the PQ .zip file directly, but if they are unzipped the two resultant .gpx files can then by loaded. One contains the cache details and the other seems to have the additional waypoints, ie parking etc, not totally conveinent,
I shall continue to use GSAK to edit the caches I want and then use the macro.
ofob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , I've imported the unzipped PQ files as Daveweth , I ended up with 2 cache files designated part1 and part 2 respectively and an additional waypoints file . And they all show on both the Satsync box and the Active 10.
So that works OK.
But it still seems strange to me that when using your Macro to generate the file , the Satsync shows them as being downloaded (as split files) but they dont show up on the POI menu on the unit It also counts the total number of waypoints on the counter on the download progress bar Confused
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofob wrote:
But it still seems strange to me that when using your Macro to generate the file , the Satsync shows them as being downloaded (as split files) but they dont show up on the POI menu on the unit It also counts the total number of waypoints on the counter on the download progress bar Confused

Agree it seems strange that it splits the file but does not import correctly - email me the split files please, so I can take alook. The developer did tell me that it would only work on gc.com files as you have now proved, but if I can work out why then I may be able to in corporate it into the macro.

Or, what about if I could get the macro to split the file on export, do you think that would be helpful?

By the way I've found that you can now import single gpx files either macro created or direct from gc.com.

I've also seen that Satmap is misbehaving with certain characters and making it difficult to read, e.g. you get  in front of ° symbols there one or two other funnies, so I'm currently putting in some code to the macro to remove thiem so there will be yet another update of the macro at some point.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: