Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest map guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest map guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Latest map guarantee Reply with quote

As a newbie to TT I am due an update - still within 30 days of purchase. What do I do?
I have checked on Home and it says I am due an update - will this be the new one just out?? My current version is UK & ROI 825.2157.
I have read that TT may inform me by e-mail.
Any advice appreciated.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be the v830 map, once its downloaded and installed check the version by tapping the sat strength meter followed by the version box the resultant screen will offer up the map version information.

If its not v830 contact TomTom support on 0845 161 0009 and ask why it has failed, be prepared to send them a copy of your sales invoice to prove the 30 days are still running, a scan or digital picture sent by e-mail should be ok. Be firm but polite as the new map is rightfully yours - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom hide the Latest Map Guarantee rather well....

DON'T use "Update my Go" or "Add Maps", for the latest map guarantee, you need to look in the Home top menu bar. Find the "Tools" menu and you should see an entry for the latest map guarantee there. Click on it and it should guide you through the process of downloading.

If you have already got v825 there should be no need to update anything else before Home will offer you the v830 so it should be quite straightforward.
Do be aware that the new map is a bit bigger, so you may need to clear some space on your machine to get it to fit (deleting unused voices is one way), or if you have a model with an SD card slot you can install to an SD card instead. You didn't say what model you had, but if it is a ONE or XL you will need to copy everything onto the card. Post back for any more help you may need.

TT won't send you an email specifically for the LMG, only general newsletters that might say a new map version is released.
Cuddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. I have a TT XL IQ routes with no SD card - there should be enough room I hope!!
Found LMG on tools menu - will download tomorrow as broadband runs slow this time of night around here.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuddy wrote:
Thanks for all the help. I have a TT XL IQ routes with no SD card - there should be enough room I hope!!
Found LMG on tools menu - will download tomorrow as broadband runs slow this time of night around here.

The LMG process will offer you a map and it will have a button or something saying More. Click that button and you'll see more information including the version number which should be 830.

If you're still awake, start the download NOW and go to bed, because tomorrow morning it will take longer (my big map, just over 2GB, took six hours today on "up to 20Mb Broadband" which was only provided by TT servers at about 700Kbps - presumably my share of all the others who wer downloading eagerly).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My download took less than 16 minutes. Took longer too send it to the device. Taunt
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAARGGG. . . crashed/locked up with less than a minute left. That's what I get for teasing you Dennis. Now it's cleanup time. hate when that happens.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
AAARGGG. . . crashed/locked up with less than a minute left. That's what I get for teasing you Dennis. Now it's cleanup time. hate when that happens.

Yee Haaaah - Go get the tea out of the harbour!

Cuddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked a dream. Only took 20mins to download and install. Gained a few POI's but what the heck!!
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than removing my original map and then scrambling the new one for "no maps found" and insufficient update space left, blowing out my app 8.312, then failure on trying to reload the app via Home, and on attempting to reconnect finding there's no longer a driver so unable to connect, it was very easy to fix. Gun Shoot Out

But it's all good now. Don't ever let me get a bit cocky again Dennis. Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what you get for chucking our tea into the harbour. What goes around comes around.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: