Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera data...?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera data...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: speed camera data...? Reply with quote

Hi folks , new here so plz be gentle...just bought a TOM TOM GO 530, did a map update via TT home ,upon download file got stuck/corrupted and TT froze (so did comp).Did a reset with safety pin cause it wouldnt do anything and managed to re-do after deleting the zip. files and folders from comp( had to cause it kept telling me i already had the lastest maps installed) downloaded again and all is well....However went out for a run this morning and it didn't alert me of ANY safety cameras...have i done sommat wrong? and no l'm not subscribing to any services..at the mo , i understood it that the GO530 came with em.You only subscribe to update , is this correct?- thanks. Question
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to TomTom forum as query does not concern our database.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paulgin,
Welcome to the Forum mate.

I can't remember what I did with mine now, I seem to remember that they were there automatic so to speak.
may be worthwhile running the update again in case something was corrupted.

By the way, the usual advice from the professionals here is to make a full back up using windows explorer before you do anything, so that you have
a 'clean' as new backup should anything go wrong.
Don't use the facility in TT Home as it has flaws and is buggy.

There is a full explanation on one of the 'Sticky' folders.

Also, the TT cameras are well out of date, the fixed cameras may be more or less there, but the mobiles, variable speed through road works (Specs) and red Light certainly won't be.
The cameras from here are by far the best, and 19.99 is very good value as updated every week.
I deleted the TT cameras from my TT710 and 720 soon after buying them.

I know that's probably not answered your question, but someone better will come along and post.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi & Welcome if it's the same with the TT cameras as the PGPSW ones, it's normal to have to reset your warnings every time you update your map.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera files are in the map folder. Normally Home should move them to the new folder for you, but if you had a problem with your download/install, they may have gone missing.
If you made a backup before you tried to install the new map, it's a simple matter to copy the files from the old map's folder in the backup, intot he new map's folder on the TomTom.
If that's the case, let us know if yo need the names of the files.

But as others say above... those files will be quite out of date and the database from here is much more complete anyway. It's worth subscribing here....
paulgin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
The camera files are in the map folder. Normally Home should move them to the new folder for you, but if you had a problem with your download/install, they may have gone missing.
If you made a backup before you tried to install the new map, it's a simple matter to copy the files from the old map's folder in the backup, intot he new map's folder on the TomTom.
If that's the case, let us know if yo need the names of the files.

But as others say above... those files will be quite out of date and the database from here is much more complete anyway. It's worth subscribing here....

thank you for ur quick replies guys , no i didn't make a back-up , my fault i know , would like the files pls....thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I said file NAMES. I'm not sure we can share the files themselves as they could be said to be copyright to TT. Need a moderator's advice on that one...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Andy says the files are copyright. Not only that but they can't be copied from unit to unit. You need to weave some of the naughty magic that isn't supported here to get the files to work on a unit other than the one they were downloaded for.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: