Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - roll back from 8.250 go 720 etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

roll back from 8.250 go 720 etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowman72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: roll back from 8.250 go 720 etc Reply with quote

Hi all
I have spoken to tomtom today in regards to this problem wth the volume and they have admited that it is causing issues not sure if they are looking into it but i do now have roll backs for the 720

i have the following

I am happy to share this with anyone who needs them
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are links to the TomTom server for downloading each of those versions already within the forum that we can point users to for direct download, but thanks for the offer - did you get the issue resolved by rolling back to an earlier Navcore? - Mike
snowman72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike i have rolled back to ver 8.010 as i felt that after this i have had nothing but problems and so far touch wood all is well.

I was unaware of these links being shown in other threads so i have offered as its all in one place may be it would be an idea to put them as a sticky sorry if i am speaking out of mind here
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your intent is welcome as I am sure there are more people with similar problems to those you have experianced, I am glad you have got the device working again and unless you decide to update the map past v815 there is no point in updating the application past the v8,010 release you are now running - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
unless you decide to update the map past v815 there is no point in updating the application past the v8,010 release you are now running - Mike

So true - if only some of us had not taken the map upgrade out we would still be running 8.010 Mad
snowman72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this time i am not planning to upgrade the maps on my tomtom untill they resolve all these issues i am very slowly going off tomtom as they seem to releasing updates without being fully tested in the real world after spend a good few years in IT any software that was lunched within our company was full tested in real world condictions which i feel tomtom are not doing I could be very wrong but since ver 8.300 was lunched their has been massive issues anyway i'll shut up now ranting over and now thankfull i have a full running tomtom Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: