Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP1940 connection with Clip-on Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP1940 connection with Clip-on Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beavy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: HP1940 connection with Clip-on Bluetooth Reply with quote

Anyone had an intermittent connection problem with the Clipon Bluetooth and HP1940??

I sometimes have to switch my Clip-on on and off several times before I get a bluetooth connection with TomTom (i.e. blue light flashing on GPS). If I doesn't connect I get a message saying something like no bluetooth com port to connect.

When it does eventually connect the GPS works flawlessly with no problems using TT2.

My friends GPSmart BT works on my HP1940 without any problems and connects everytime.

I have setup the Clip-on correctly in bluetooth manager (entered passkey etc.) and GPS driver 2.09.

Is there anything else I have missed or is this a faulty unit. I am still waiting to hear from my e-mail to Fortuna (3rd time sent with no reply!! - Hmmm)
steen-p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you describe, I think I have an identical problem. My conclusion is that the problem is not related specifically to the HP1940 or the TomTom (for once TT GPS driver is not getting blamed Mr. Green ).

First I would like to stress that the Fortuna Clip-On works superb, once it is connected – but it can sometimes be a pain in the b.. to get up to that point. :x

My setup is a Qtek 2020 (aka. XDA II, Orange SPV m1000) and the Fortuna Clip-On.

Software used/tested: TomTom Navigator (GPS driver ver. 2.09 – 3.01), GPSDash 1.41m, GPS Tuner 3.0 and PocketFMS.

The results are the same – either all of them works with the Clip-On or none of them do. To me this seems like the problem can be narrowed down to communication between the PPC and the Fortuna Clip-On.

I have tested turning on the Clip-On before opening the PPC for BT communication, and opening the BT communication before turning the Clip-On on – I haven’t been able to find any patterns. As a comparison I have a Jabra BT-200 headset, and no matter what - it just works, if the BT port is open.

As I see it, it points towards the Clip-On as the source of the problem. I have an idea (probably just something I am imagining) that I from the initial short blue flash (that comes when the Clip-On is turned on) can se if the connection will work or not.

Please let me know if you find a solution to you problem, because I would really like to get rid of mine Wink

Steen
tiger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Problem Reply with quote

I received my Fortuna clip on three days ago with tomtom 3.01. After a full installation on my hp2210 I go to do a ride.
Every thing was working ok, but suddenly my car freezes on the screen (I was going 60 KM/H, but for tomtom I was stopped. Confused ) I went on the Tomtom GPS and the Satellites were there but the clock had stopped….
My configuration is NMEA 01832v 38400.
I downloaded tomtom GPS 3.02 but it did not change any problem…
If any body has an Idea…
Question
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though this sounds more like a Bluetooth issue, what mode are you using on the Clip On? ST mode is probably a better bet than XT (unless you can't get a reliable signal in ST mode).

David
tiger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use st mode, but i don't think this changes any thing...
I tryed to to use btregtweak but it does not change any thing...
Sad
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only iPAQ 2210 user that has found GPS 3.02 and Navigator 3 3.01 hasn't solved their Bluetooth lockup problems. There's several reports in the forums from other users having these problems.

I suggest you contact TomTom support and make it clear what software versions you're using. For test purposes, run Navigator without any add-on software like Trafcam, GPSAssist or CheckPOInt.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: