Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest Map Guarantee Failure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Map Guarantee Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawilson59
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Latest Map Guarantee Failure Reply with quote

Greetings

Just updated my new 930T with app version 8.302 and under the LMG is only offered me the W&CE update to map version 825.

Thought i had to undock it and switch map to the North American one and then try again for the 825 map of NA.....no joy.

Have submitted a query to TT asking them to "enable" it on my account.....but is there a way to trigger it through TTH, like by removing a file from the map folder or something?

I have a 2 year free coupon with the the box, but i wanted to get the LMG done first before i triggered the subscription....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to contact customer support, I would back up the e-mail by giving them a ring in the morning (0845 161 0009) there is nothing you can do about this issue yourself, you need TomTom to add the map to your account - Mike
jawilson59
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers

funny becuase the previous unit that i bought and returned, TTH offered both W&CE and NA when i did a check under the LMG.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawilson59 wrote:
cheers

funny becuase the previous unit that i bought and returned, TTH offered both W&CE and NA when i did a check under the LMG.

Did you register the new one under the same email address as the previous one?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jawilson59
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i did, and got the message about the 6month thing.....should i not have registered under the same email address?

if this one turned out to be faulty or something i can always just create a new hotmail account for it.....
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ways of TomTom and Home are very mysterious and none of us knows the finer points of their security and registration. It is a possibility that your previous registration set itself with pearls of wisdom from that device and is now retaining some base information which is hiding the NA map from you as a result of you making the LMG enquiry previously.

You should be able to get both maps via TomTom Support though.

But if you ever have to get another device, remember that a separate email address is far less likely to cause difficulties. The only reason to "transfer" registration to a new device, retaining the previous email address, is in the circumstances where you have bought some subscription from TomTom - in that case you need to keep the email address in order to continue the subscription on your new device - I'm thinking (Heaven forbid) their camera subscription. TBH, the TT inflexibility with that sort of thing is a big downside and a strong reason why I wouldn't want to buy any subscribed service from them (which is why I may regret buying the map update service for my GO920).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: