Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 2150 max poi's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 2150 max poi's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Navigon 2150 max poi's Reply with quote

Is it possible to add pgpsw poi's/speed cameras to the Navigon 2150 Max.

I currently have a Garmin C510t with all the usual mod's "TTS etc etc", but fancy a change and really like the look and spec of this unit, any opinions good or bad would be appreciated.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread - POI-Warner should be ok with your device (MN Version 7 I presume) - same POI-W download version as for Navigon 8110 by the looks of it.
Quote:
POI-Warner for Navigon 7 - At last ?

keith405
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck with th POI download i just got a 2150 max and want to add more poi but don't know what to do so any info would be great.
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned Navigon and asked the question "will there be a poi loader released either now or in the future" the reply was NO but I will forward your concerns to our tech department.

Coincidentally my unit froze on me the very next day and was returned to Halfords for a refund ( I left the screen as it was so they could not dispute it) Twisted Evil

Don't get me wrong this is a great unit for the money but if Navigon cant follow the leaders with what is now the norm, how do they expect to compete with them.

wouldn't have anything to do with getting you to buy their speed camera data at £30 a year would it Idea
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon support is not always very joined up - it sometimes depends who answers your question as to the answer you get - just a few days ago this is what they told me an an email on POIs
Quote:
Hopefully there will be a software release soon to allow this feature but I can not promise anything yet.
I think once things start moving some operators get to hear before others, until some 'party line' is issued

It was the same with the discussion on functionality in the 8110 Navigon thread, first they denied anything 'no way', then one said maybe, another said no, then this functionality but not that, then finally a fairly comprehensive offering that would be available "soon" - all in the space of about a week.

So, fingers crossed - the "POI Warner at last" and "8110"threads show how frustrated some of us get too with Navigon's attitude, but they do seem to produce good stuff EVENTUALLY!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: