Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SATMAP charging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SATMAP charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjwooduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: SATMAP charging Reply with quote

Have been charging my new SATMAP for 24 hrs with the new power 2700mA power pack and it still shows that it is charging. It says switching off helps but although I can make the screen go off the gps remains locked when switching back on showing that its just screen off not shut down. Switching off before plugging in has no effect as soon as you connect charger the unit turns on.

Super device will walk with it next week....maps are super and zooming in a treat....good for old eyes.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, you can be sure that your battery is fully charged after this amount of time!
There is no way to turn the device off when charging, the screen will turn off but the device will still be running, this is quite normal.

Indeed it is a cracking device, enjoy your walks with the new toy - Mike
rjwooduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: SATMAP charging Reply with quote

Thanks Mike just wanted to know why charging 'flash' wont go as shown in instruction manual ? After my Garmin GPSMAP60 CSx the screen is a treat and the maps if expensive beat the pants off TOPO UK although huge cost differential.
Am going to carry the battery tray with batteries installed just in case LiPo pack does not last the advertised 12-15 hours.
Have uploaded and downloaded off SATSync its ok and using Vista so that seems ok.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the screen to auto turn off the backlight in use after 30 seconds and you will get more than 12 hours from a fully charged battery unless you need to look at it every few seconds.
In use the I leave the device powered up with the screen off and it lasts for a considerable duration, far longer than I would go out walking for, consider carrying the mains charger and if you stop at a pub for lunch ask if its ok to plug it in for that extra peace of mind - Mike
rjwooduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: SATMAP power Reply with quote

Again thanks Mike its good to walk with that confidence.....dont do walks with pubs etc but will use car charger on the way to start. Have adjusted to 30 secs although am a bit of a checker !Rarely walk more than 9 hours so looks like I should be ok.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: