Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT940 Operation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT940 Operation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lescargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: TT940 Operation Reply with quote

Is my TT940 Live working correctly??. When I go to 'Browse Map' screen (Page 2 of main menu), tap 'Options, I get a choice of six options -POI, Favourites, Traffic, Images, Names and Coordinates. If I select Traffic - Done the 940 goes back to the 'BrowseMap' screen - which is as it should do. If I then go back to Options I've now only got three options - Traffic, Names and Coordinates ie I've lost POI's, Favourites and Images. I can get the six options back by deselecting Traffic and going round the Done-Options loop again. Is this common to all 940's ie they lose these options when Traffic is selected.
Lecargot
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct as there is only so much it can display at once.

I suggest if you want to browse traffic, you touch the traffic sidebar, then browse map from the traffic menu that appears and you will browse the traffic map without the POIs etc.

If you then browse from the normal menu (without traffic selected) you will browse seeing everything except traffic.

So depending on which way you call up the map you can either browse the map with all the details or the traffic map without having to change the options every time.

You can also get to the traffic map through the traffic menu but it gives you an annoying reminder everytime that you could have touched the traffic bar.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You can browse the traffic by touching the blue bar on the right of the main screen and then selecting Browse Map, but it then doesn't show POIs, Favs etc

Use Main Menu 2 of 3 Browse Map to see the POIs, Favs etc but not the Traffic. However you can't see both Traffic and the POIs, Favs etc on the same screen.
lescargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: TT940 Operatin Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Mr T/PaulB, I suspected as much. The problem came to light after downloading updates and I wrongly assumed that this was causing the problem. Why cant TomTom solve these problems, I've been on to customer support for two weeks with this, sending screen shots and all sorts. Anyway thanks very much for your confirmation
Lescargot
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TT940 Operatin Reply with quote

lescargot wrote:
Why cant TomTom solve these problems, I've been on to customer support for two weeks with this, sending screen shots and all sorts.

I think it just comes down to them being under-paid bods simply doing a job. If the answer isn't in the script prepared for them they are out of their depth and have to pass it on to someone else.
Whereas the people who frequent forums like this are enthusiasts who tend to know the devices inside out... (I wear my anorak indoors! Wink).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: