Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update Nuvi 7x5 Firmware 3.30
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update Nuvi 7x5 Firmware 3.30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letmeboogey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Update Nuvi 7x5 Firmware 3.30 Reply with quote

There have been some pretty good reports about this version so far and seem to have resolved various issues other than the ones mentioned. Only time will tell.

Apparanetly another experienced user of Garmin sat navs '' As with any firmware update, it's always a good idea to clear all user data (have a backup first) after the update. While this shouldn't really be necessary and it's definitely not a fix-all, it can sometimes resolve some strange quirks that can pop up.'' and to that affect another user agreed with them. These guys know quite a bit about these devices.

Version 3.30 makes the following changes:

* Corrected routing in certain situations.
* Corrected handling of certain text languages.
* Improved behavior when switching color modes.
* Added support for new traffic cameras.
* Improved abbreviations for street names when selecting German or French languages.
* Correct error that caused some unique traffic events to have an improper delay associated.
* Correct labeling issue in the ecoRoute mileage report.
* Improved compatibility with 3 way calling.
* Don't allow other audio to play between ring tones.
* Corrected some improper lane guidance arrows with 2009.10 maps.
* Corrected issue that caused final point to be lost in optimal route reorder.
* Corrected error in fuel efficiency calibration with Liters/100Km units.
* Corrected issue that prevented being able to identify points on the map when browsing the 2009.11 CNNA maps.

Edit: Subject edited to give more info. PaulB2005
Chinster1957
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticed that the colour band at the top of the screen has changed from green to blue? I quite like it.
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinster1957 wrote:
Anyone noticed that the colour band at the top of the screen has changed from green to blue? I quite like it.

Spotted that today, I knew something had changed but couldn't work it out!
Mahaf76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 765 running this software and so far (touch wood) I have had no issues with the unit, it runs smoothly without crashing. Sometimes the map refresh rate is a bit slow if scrolling around a route. And something weird has happened with Blue tooth, it now seems very selective about when and what phone it will connect to.
Just thought I would put a positive note on about this unit as it has had a bit of a slating recently.
Just as a history I originally had a 760 - two out of the box failiures later and I switched over to a Tom Tom 530, this had a fatal software crash within a few hours so again it was taken back.. As a last resort I went for a 765 and as said it appears to be running ok.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: