Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please post a x40 directory tree for comparison
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please post a x40 directory tree for comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malouff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Please post a x40 directory tree for comparison Reply with quote

I noticed that with the x20/x30 8.30 and 8.301 stuttering that some people have been loading the x40 firmware

Not everything works, for example:
When you click Google it says "This feature is not supported"
Also I there is no new Speech Recognition icon on the main screen

This might be because those features require some files that are not included in the 8.203 or 8.204 cabs

I would like to identify if there are any missing files to enable these functions.
Can I have some x40 users show the Directory tree/contents of there drive?

Open a Dos Prompt and change to the drive of the 940
Then redirect the output to a text file to be saved on the C:\ Drive
Quote:
tree greater than symbol C:\940Tree.txt

It will look funny unless you use the "terminal font" to view in notepad

That or you could use this command
Quote:
Dir /S /B greater than symbol C:\940Dir.txt
/S is to show Sub-directories
/B is for basic output (could remove this option to show file sizes)
The only thing that shouldn't show is internal.dat that is a hidden file

If you don't mind you can also check if there are more hidden files by also running this command at the DOS prompt
Quote:
Dir /S /A:H

It should show only the internal.dat file as that is the only hidden one

Thank You in advance x40 volunteers.

\ Also not that this form will not post the output redirection operator
/ It is the greater than symbol

I also wanted to ask if x40 users are able to repeat voice instructions by touching the next turn arrow indicator?

Last edited by Malouff on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software is smart enough to know which type of device it is installed to, so trawling through the files and folders is a waste of time - Having tried the x40 software on my 720 and the 8,320 version intended for the 720 Work package it is the 8320 that offers the better all round system, far more of the devices functions actually work - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that with the x20/x30 8.30 and 8.301 stuttering that some people have been loading the x40 firmware

As far as I'm aware, most people are trying the v8.320 special version for Go x20 and x30 Devices using TomTom's "Work" service, not anything for x40's. So file lists are maybe a waste of time?

Quote:
The only thing that shouldn't show is internal.dat that is a hidden file

If you don't mind you can also check if there are more hidden files by also running this command at the DOS prompt

Internal.dat is not a hidden file on my 940. In fact, I have never seen a file with the 'hidden' attribute set on any TomTom I've used.

Quote:
I also wanted to ask if x40 users are able to repeat voice instructions by touching the next turn arrow indicator?

For me it works exactly the same as the x20 does. It doesn't REPEAT the last instruction, it gives you an instruction that is relevant now.

For example, if you have just turned left and the next thing to do is a right turn in 3 miles, when you tap bottom left, it will not say "turn left" again, it will say "After 3 miles, turn right".
If you tap again five minutes later, it will say "After 2 miles, turn right".
Malouff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Having tried the x40 software on my 720 and the 8,320 version intended for the 720 Work package it is the 8320 that offers the better all round system, far more of the devices functions actually work - Mike
Did you also use one of the x40 cab's to install the x40 software?
8.203.9717.go940, 8.204.9718.go940, or 8.310.9760.go940

Andy_P wrote:
File lists are maybe a waste of time?
After seeing how libaec.so patched in the new icons I agree that a simple tree file list maybe a waste of time.

libaec.so was only included in the 8.203 and 8.204 cabs and is responsible for the new x40 icons.

If someone loads 8.310 that does not contain libaec.so they will not get the new UI

Looking at the directory once the 8.203 or 8.204 cab has been applied you will no longer see libaec.so in explorer as it has apparently patched in the new icons.

A list with file sizes or CRC's would be better at identifying changes.

Andy_P wrote:
Internal.dat is not a hidden file on my 940. In fact, I have never seen a file with the 'hidden' attribute set on any TomTom I've used.
Interesting, I wonder why it is a hidden file on all of my 730 backup's.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malouff wrote:
mikealder wrote:
Having tried the x40 software on my 720 and the 8,320 version intended for the 720 Work package it is the 8320 that offers the better all round system, far more of the devices functions actually work - Mike
Did you also use one of the x40 cab's to install the x40 software?
8.203.9717.go940, 8.204.9718.go940, or 8.310.9760.go940

I really don't remember which exact version of software I installed when trying this as I have a large number of different releases stored on the PC from various different devices.

Having looked back through the various x40 software the last release to contain libaec.so was navcore_8.203.9717.go940 since then this file has been missing/ replaced by:

libaec_55.so
libaec_60.so

- Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: