Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reporting speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reporting speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigspotter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

Hello,
Could somebody explain to me why when I approach two speed cameras on the A 146 , Norwich to Lowestoft road they are not on the database and do not appear on my satnav, they have been there for several years now and it seems odd that they are not included , also , how do I report new cameras and cameras that have been moved to a different location,
Thanks,
Rod.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

bigspotter wrote:
How do I report new cameras and cameras that have been moved to a different location. Thanks, Rod.

On the TOP menu:

Speed Camaras - then on the drop down menu - Submit Speed Cameras
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

bigspotter wrote:
two speed cameras on the A 146 , Norwich to Lowestoft road they are not on the database and do not appear on my satnav,
There are 2 Fixed cameras and 3 Mobile sites on the current database.

Another mobile site has recently been removed, probably because it has not been reported as "seen again" for some time.

Are you referring to Mobile or Fixed sites?

With satnav warnings, it sometimes helps to know which satnav Device you have.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bigspotter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
bigspotter wrote:
two speed cameras on the A 146 , Norwich to Lowestoft road they are not on the database and do not appear on my satnav,
There are 2 Fixed cameras and 3 Mobile sites on the current database.

Another mobile site has recently been removed, probably because it has not been reported as "seen again" for some time.

Are you referring to Mobile or Fixed sites?

With satnav warnings, it sometimes helps to know which satnav Device you have.

Hello Richard,
I am referring to two fixed cameras, the one which I did,nt think registered did when i passed yesterday (Thurton)but the second one which is on the same road at Loddon did,nt, also the camera at Bradwell/Gorleston on the A143 did,nt register as I passed, in all three cases the cameras are placed on the offside of the road but with speed markings in both directions, I simulated the drive from Gorleston to Bradwell (opposite direction) where the camera was on my left(near side) and it registered, are these cameras only set up for one carriageway but with road markings in both,
My satnav is a Garmin Nuvi 255WT with the latest speed camera download,
Rod.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

bigspotter wrote:
My satnav is a Garmin Nuvi 255WT with the latest speed camera download

I thought many Garmin devices only alarmed if you approached above the speed limit?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default behaviour is that you get an icon regardless of speed but only get an alert when over the speed limit.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, when I wrote that I thought I'd got something wrong <grabs 765 for skool run!>
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old i3 didn't alert or show an icon unless you were over the limit. If speeding an icon would appear but it would disappear once under the limit so you got no warning at all!

It's possible there are other differences between more up to date models depending on age and firmware.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting speed cameras Reply with quote

bigspotter wrote:
I simulated the drive from Gorleston to Bradwell (opposite direction) where the camera was on my left(near side) and it registered, are these cameras only set up for one carriageway but with road markings in both,
My satnav is a Garmin Nuvi 255WT with the latest speed camera download,

Didn't I read somewhere that the Garmin provided database is directional??? Are you using the Garmin database or ther PGPSW database, you have not said which so far, only 'the latest'?
bigspotter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The old i3 didn't alert or show an icon unless you were over the limit. If speeding an icon would appear but it would disappear once under the limit so you got no warning at all!

It's possible there are other differences between more up to date models depending on age and firmware.

I think that I have probably answered my own question but I will pose it again, do Gatso cameras only show on the screen when passing them when they can picture you from behind and are the markings on both sides of the carriageway to catch overtaking motorists and not to photograph vehicles approching towards the camera, please excuse my ignorance but speed cameras had,nt been thought of when I learnt to drive, let alone a car that would go fast enough to be speeding,
Cameras appear on screen with the speed limit sign beneath it, a black information bar also appears and changes to red with a audible warning if you are over the limit,
Rod.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on which database you are using.

If you are using the Garmin Cyclops database then it is directional (it will alert you to cameras only if they can take an image of you).

If using the PGPSW database it will alert you to ALL cameras even those that technically can't take an image of you, because Garmin only allow the directional capability for their own camera database. In other words you'll be warned regardless of direction, road markings and the direction they take pictures.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: