Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Remote control bug x40 (traffic)?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote control bug x40 (traffic)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Remote control bug x40 (traffic)? Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed this? I use my 740 with a bluetooth remote control. I can access all the screens fine apart from the Traffic options. (1st option on page 3 of the main menu). When I click to select the "TomTom Traffic" icon it just exits the menu and takes me back to the main display.
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, mine is the same. It's not just withg bluetooth remote - the same for me with the touch screen controls. Shall we write a query to tomtom at the same time? coudn't be bothered till now!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote does the same on mine.
Touch screen takes me to a blue screen telling me I could have clicked on the traffic bar, then when I touch the screen gives me the options. I wish that tip would go away .
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've logged the fault with TomTom, though I'm half expecting that when I get a reply it will turn out to be a 'feature' Grrrr

Also find that 'tip' annoying.

If more of us log it with TomTom will they give it higher priority? Can't imagine it would be that difficult to fix.
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is their any news on this? I have just tried to access the traffic menu using the remote and also find I have the same problem, it must be a bug in the system I am guessing.

Funnily enough thats all I use the remote for, checking the traffic information out whilst I am driving!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom were made aware of this problem/ niggle quite some time ago it would be nice to be able to use the remote to access the full traffic menu whether using the HD or RDS service - Mike
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged this as the voice command to minimise delays locks on this tuip screend. Was told it was intentional and removing it would be considered a feature request only if enough people logged the problem. Perhaps someone should start a ticket with all our ticket numbers complaining of this so they get looked at together with higher priority
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom's reply - can anyone guess?

To format the drive on the 740, then reinstall the latest version of the software.

Needless to say I've not wasted my time doing this.

And no new version of the software imminent.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was just going to start a thread on this problem, I ran a quick search and found this thread.

I have a 940 and when I go to Main menu 3/3 and select the "Tom Tom Traffic" Icon it also takes me back to main map screen, very annoying!

If I touch the icon, it will allow me to use the remote from then on, but I use the RC for accessing this info like others have said. May be we should all moan.

SDM197.

P.S. Just realised a work around, if you push the right hand button above the volume control on the remote, it shows you your destination, you can then select details with the left button, then select show traffic on route, as it takes you to the correct view to view the traffic.

Of course you should not have to do this, but it saves you having to reach forward, and maybe lose concentration while driving.
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can't use the Browse Map (Traffic) function with this workaround. Strangely enough, you can use the remote to go into the normal Browse Map option on the 2nd menu screen, then press the left button on the remote to bring up options, then tick 'traffic' and it will allow you to browse a map of the traffic. You have to select options again and untick traffic otherwise every time you select the browse map option it will show traffic!

Don't expect TomTom to fix this any time soon! I keep raising support tickets but they don't give a toss.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: