Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 205 Speed Camera Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 205 Speed Camera Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 205 Speed Camera Alerts Reply with quote

I have loaded the Pocket Speed Camera speed zoned database onto my Nuvi 205. The problem is I am not sure if I am getting alerts for these or the original Garmin database. I have checked the alert for custom POI's and unchecked that for Garmin.

The reason I am suspicious is that the banner changes to red if I am overspeed which I understood will only happed for the Garmin database.

I am sure that the pocket GPS database is loaded as I can see it if I navigate to extras, custom poi's. Is there an easy way to check which database is alerting me.

TerryWalsh
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it says across the banner?

If something like

Quote:
GATSO:12345@50

then it's the PGPSW database.
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul:

Thanks for the reponse. I have seen Gatso once but mostly it says Speed Alert. The nearest camera to me is listed as a Pocket GPS mobile although in reality it doesn't exist to my knowledge and I pass the location at least twice daily. This one comes up speed alert. On a slightly different tack I have also been suffering from unreliable alerts as described in the subscribers forum. Last night I loaded pre converted gpx files. These haven't fixed the "speed alert" banner but I havent had time to test the unreliable alerts yet.

Terry
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul, i thought that a straight forward install gives you the 'speed alert' generic warning? if using ash10's or cbrom's software to always have warnings shown then you get the poi name displaying.

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i thought that a straight forward install gives you the 'speed alert' generic warning?

Embarassed You're right. Didn't the i3 show the GATSO:12345@50 banner by default?

TerryWalsh - can you provide locations for the alerts?

Quote:
The nearest camera to me is listed as a Pocket GPS mobile although in reality it doesn't exist to my knowledge and I pass the location at least twice daily.

I had a local Mobile on the databse for 18 months or so that had never seen in 8 years or so travelling that route at different times of the day. Eventually one night it was there. It might just be you are travelling at the wrong times of the day to see it...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i think the i3 had the poi name (GATSO:1234@30 etc)

best way to check is look under settings / proximity alerts and make sure the cyclops / garmin database is turned OFF and the custom pois turned ON.

THEN in where to / extras / custom pois make sure you have the pocketgpsworld.com camera categories

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason I am suspicious is that the banner changes to red if I am overspeed which I understood will only happed for the Garmin database

Testing shows this happens with the PGPSW database too, but only when over the speed limit and once inside the initial Proximity Alert.
greg_m
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most advanced users can just delete cyclops camera database from their POI folder. it's obviously better to move those files somewhere in case if you need them in a future (i have a backup folder of the original folders from my garmin in case if something goes wrong).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: