Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Major Thanks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sturgi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Major Thanks Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say thanks for the help received from people on this site especially Mike Alder. How you guys get to know about how to get around the issues on TomTom devices especially the 8.30 upgrade is amazing.

Thanks again for all the tips and help.

Ian
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, it makes a refreshing change to see messages like the one you posted.

Mike Alder is a bit of a walking encyclopaedia, Whose knowledge often leaves the rest of us envious.

With regard to 8.300, I personally find it worrying that some of the problems were not detected in the early stages of development and long before beta testing or public release. Sadly, 'progress' appears to have taken a step backwards and beta testing is what used to be alpha testing public release is what should really be no more than beta testing.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't merely envy His knowledge, I envy His screwdriver skills. I keep begging Him to come and put my shelves right. Fortunately, my van is under warranty or I'd probably be asking Him to come and make some holes in it for my satnavs. I was only thinking of Mike this afternoon when installing stuff to a new computer and discovered the existing printer only had a parallel cable and the new PC didn't. I thought to myself, now that Mike would have whipped out His trusty screwdriver kit and rewired the printer and PC in no time at all!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I don't merely envy His knowledge, I envy His screwdriver skills. I keep begging Him to come and put my shelves right. Fortunately, my van is under warranty or I'd probably be asking Him to come and make some holes in it for my satnavs. I was only thinking of Mike this afternoon when installing stuff to a new computer and discovered the existing printer only had a parallel cable and the new PC didn't. I thought to myself, now that Mike would have whipped out His trusty screwdriver kit and rewired the printer and PC in no time at all!

off topic i now, but grab yourself one of these!

MaFt
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone should register mikealderworld.com as a domain and point it to here!

Laughing Out Loud

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: