Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Avoidance question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoidance question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Avoidance question Reply with quote

Hello

I've got a nuvi 760T and lately I updated to europe 2009 maps. I'm planning to drive to london in a few days and I was wondering if the gps can avoid the london's congestion charge zone, as I know very little of London and I will blindly follow it!
If I change the settings to avoid Toll roads will that work in this case?
Has anyone got any experience on this?

Thanks!
StuartStrangeboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend on where your destination is. Personally I would drive to one of the tube stations on the outskirts of London as the last thing you want to do is drive into London in December.
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

My destination will be the Ikea at Croydon as the Ikea Southampton wont be open until spring 2009 Evil or Very Mad and I would like to drive there because I will have to load some flat packs! I believe croydon is far from the congestion charge anyway, but i just want to be sure that my GPS wouldnt like to take me through the city centre.

Im not really scared of insane traffic as I got my driving license from Athens!!! Anyone that has been there will understand! Laughing
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know your model, so can only suggest you set the route on the unit and show the route-map/directions (however you do this on your model when in the armchair!). You may find that on 'quickest' it will take you round the M25 - if so, no problem (apart from the Dartford Crossing £1 (car) perhaps). If it doesn't, then compare with the London congestion area on the internet - it covers a fairly small part of London, and you should be able to see if the route avoids it.

If it doesn't, then see if Avoid Tolls makes a difference.

The only other suggestion I can make is to put an intermediate 'via' point in the journey a couple of miles one side or the other of the congestion zone, and then check that route.

Maybe someone with knowledge of your model can offer better help (eg see if waynesters post in "dont understand why Garmin is different at planning routes!" on his/her 765T might be relevant).
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croydon is quite a way out from the CC. There are some POIs avalible to download that mark the entrance to the CC Zone from here under Transport - London Congestion Charge. If you load those you can do a simulated rouite and see if it goes through the CC.

Or tell us where you are starting from and i'll have a look at the route.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: