Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT ONE Navigate to... Options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT ONE Navigate to... Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarpetMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: TT ONE Navigate to... Options Reply with quote

When I plan a route and click "POI near you" or the other icons for that matter I am presented with the following options:

Any POI category
Government Office
Mountain Peak
Open Parking
and the last category I actually used.

As I am very unlikely to want to go to a Government Office or a Mountain Peak on a regular basis I would like to replace these with more useful options, like my Customers.

Is there a simple way that I can get rid of the ones I don't want and permanently replace them with the ones I always use?

Cheers
Carpetman

tomtom ONE
App 7.131 OS:2318
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.0500
Map: UK and IE plus major roads of WE v675.1409
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way is to start using the ones you really want. TT uses a "most used counter" to put Icons on that page.

Like you state the last one used goes at the end. Choose your most used one and use it to Navigate to ... several times and you will, in time, see it climb the list.

The other way is to delete the MapSettings.cfg File and the list goes back to the default. The drawback with that is that you loose all your settings.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
CarpetMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the TTOne almost everyday for the last 12 months or more and visit on average 4/5 customers a day. In that period of time the Government Office and Mountain Peak options have never been knocked off the list so I don't seem to have the Customer POI's climbing as you suggest they ought.

When you say deleting the MapSettings.cfg File loses all my settings I presume you mean Favourites, Home location, Map Corrections, Voices etc - is that so?

Cheers
Carpetman
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the "4/5 customers a day" in a POI, or do you use Address?

I have to admit that I haven't tried it in V7, but it took quite a time to get the top spot in V6. I still have my most used POI's on the Page.

Map Corrections don't reside in MapSettings.cfg, they seem to be involved with 3 DAT Files; ServerNameIndex, ServerLineIndex and MapServerPatch.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
CarpetMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have placed all my Customers in a custom POI, aptly named Customers c/w their own custom icon.

As I get new Customers to see they are added to the POI.

I have never managed to improve the Customer POI's rating in either v6 or the new v7.

Travelling around a lot I also have PocketGPS's ASDA, Tesco and Morrisons POI databases as they come in very conveniently on occassions and they don't move up the list either.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:

Map Corrections don't reside in MapSettings.cfg, they seem to be involved with 3 DAT Files; ServerNameIndex, ServerLineIndex and MapServerPatch.

Add to that (thanks to a post by 'MrT'):
It seems that the file in the map directory MapUserPatch.dat refers to changes in a file in the root directory called UserPatch.dat which actually contains the details of the changes. If you delete either file they recreate themselves but if you do not have a matching pair you seem to lose the changes.

I have not copied across devices but I have removed the root directory file which removed all my changes. When I restored it, my changes were not visible again until I also restored the map directory file.

It also needs to reboot after copying the files before the corrections are visible.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: