Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ??? Reply with quote

There has been a few moans on the forum about how TT is penny pinching by not including a line-out connection on the mount for the x40s.

Are there any rumours about when a mount with a line-out which could be connected to the car stereo's AUX connector might appear on the market?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ?? Reply with quote

SunnyUK wrote:
There has been a few moans on the forum about how TT is penny pinching by not including a line-out connection on the mount for the x40s.

Are there any rumours about when a mount with a line-out which could be connected to the car stereo's AUX connector might appear on the market?

Nothing known as yet, I'll see if TomTom have any comment or update on when this will be available to buy.

They do exist:

SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ?? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I'll see if TomTom have any comment or update on when this will be available to buy.

Looks exactly like what is needed.

Thank you Darren for taking the time to contact TomTom - I'm sure you're more likely to get a reply than a Joe Public like myself Smile
mikero
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount I am after is this one, shown on Tomtom's Netherlands site.
I am hoping it will be available in the UK.

matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that mount! Nice and short. Can we order from the netherlands? It has a link to a pro-clip web site, but that doesn't seem to have the x40s listed, nor have any holder for any of the TomToms I selected.

[edit]Hmm, it appears to have gone out of stock since I started looking at it!
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: x40 active mount with line out - availability rumours ?? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Nothing known as yet, I'll see if TomTom have any comment or update on when this will be available to buy.

Any new rumours about when they will become available?
prl100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
I want that mount! Nice and short. Can we order from the netherlands? It has a link to a pro-clip web site, but that doesn't seem to have the x40s listed, nor have any holder for any of the TomToms I selected.

[edit]Hmm, it appears to have gone out of stock since I started looking at it!

I currently have an in car mount for my Go 520, I have just got a 540LIVE and wanted to change the mount to fit the 540 (it is a 2 part solution) I emailed them at the end of last month to check if they were making one that would work. This is the response I got:

"Hi Paul

Thank you for your interest in our ProClip holders. At this time we do not have a holder for the TomTom GO 740/940. We do anticipate making one, however due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available. We anticipate these holders being released in 4-6 weeks. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering.

Best Regards,

TomTom-ProClip Customer Service"

That was a little over 2 weeks ago, so should be ready to order in 2-4 weeks?

I don't like attaching the sat nav to the windscreen so have still been using my 520, however someone just bought it on eBay so it will be the 540 from now on. I should point out however that the supplied holder for the 540 is very good.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean this one on the TT UK website for £24.95 that is temporarily unavailable?

Active Mount

nashmills
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supplied mount fixed to the dashboard with one of these discs works great for me: http://www.johnlewis.com/230490022/Product.aspx

No line out though.
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Do you mean this one on the TT UK website for £24.95 that is temporarily unavailable?

No. I mean the one that has a line-out that I can connect to my car stereo's AUX plug so I can use the 940 as my in-car MP3 player.

nashmills wrote:
The supplied mount fixed to the dashboard with one of these discs works great for me: http://www.johnlewis.com/230490022/Product.aspx

No line out though.

While waiting for the mount with a line out to become available, I bought two of those discs from John Lewis. Attached disc to dash. Attached TT mount to disc. Sneezed. Disc came off. Idon't know if it's the texture of my dash that stops it from getting a good grip.
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunnyUK wrote:

While waiting for the mount with a line out to become available, I bought two of those discs from John Lewis. Attached disc to dash. Attached TT mount to disc. Sneezed. Disc came off. Idon't know if it's the texture of my dash that stops it from getting a good grip.

Clearly the mount is still in design/manufacturing which is why the 940 didn't include it from the start when the various websites said it would. It got delayed and 940 users lost out.

As for these sticky discs. Can you tell us more about them. Are they meant to be permanent...in other words, you stick the disc onto your dash and it should stick so hard as to be a nightmare to get off?

It is VERY important to clean your dashboard before sticking something too it...especially if its dusty or you have sprayed "back to black" type chemicals on it. You really want to clean it with some sort of degreaser first.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunnyUK wrote:

It'd take a hammer and chisel to remove mine which uses 3M tape. In the past I have had to attack it with a hair drier for a minute or so to soften the adhesive before it's even begin to move.

Either your dash wasn't clean (alcohol cleaner wipes are great), the disc is rubbish or the surface is too curved for enough of the adhesive to grab?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:
Clearly the mount is still in design/manufacturing which is why the 940 didn't include it from the start when the various websites said it would. It got delayed and 940 users lost out.

I think it was the bean counters at fault here. We were all told they were going to come with the 940, and my 940 came with it. There is no design complexity here, it's all very simple stuff.

They saw an opportunity to save a few quid is what happened.
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
jonstatt wrote:

I think it was the bean counters at fault here. We were all told they were going to come with the 940, and my 940 came with it. There is no design complexity here, it's all very simple stuff.

They saw an opportunity to save a few quid is what happened.

Well its strange its not available to buy as an accessory even yet though. But I take your point..it is very simple...just a few extra wires and a connector. Which makes it even MORE annoying is that it wasn't included from the start
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:
It is VERY important to clean your dashboard before sticking something too it...especially if its dusty or you have sprayed "back to black" type chemicals on it. You really want to clean it with some sort of degreaser first.

Maybe that's my problem. The interior was treated with "A-Glaze" before I took delivery of the car a week ago, so there are probably loads of chemicals on the dash plastic. I'll make sure to clean it thoroughly before trying with the 2nd disc (they come in pairs).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: