Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore Version 8 on my Tomtom 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore Version 8 on my Tomtom 720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razor302
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Navcore Version 8 on my Tomtom 720 Reply with quote

Hi there can somebody please answer me a couple of questions with reference to IQ and lane guidance on the TOMTOM 720.

I have the lane guidance Icon on my Tomtom menu but says the map I have it is not compatible with the hardware?

A couple of questions then:

1/ If I was to download the new maps from TT website would IQ and lane guidance work?

2/ How do I know I have Navcore version 8 installed on my Tomtom already as it says App 8.010 and maps says version Western_Europe v710.1561.

Any help would be appreciated as I not want to spend £70 upgrading my maps via TomTom if IQ and lane guidance are incompatible with my current TT.

Thank for you help.

Ray
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The application 8.010 refers to Navcore so you do have version 8 on your 720. For the latest features of the application to work you also need the latest maps or at least maps from the version 8 series.

Its worth while considering that the latest maps may still be somewhat behind the times but if having the latest information that is available is important for you it maybe worthwhile subscribing to the TT map update program that once you have got up to date gives you every new map release for 1 year.
razor302
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I guess its worth while me doing what you are saying and register for the year !! I presume I do this via the Tomtom website? Also I subscribe here to the anual speedcams and have lots of POIs on my Tomtom 720. Will I have to re-install all of these again onto my new maps?

I do travel hugely accross the UK and thought it would be helpful if my maps where up to date as it is important to me to get to places on time.

Is the new IQ routes and lane guidance worth the investment?

Regards

Ray
razor302
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I also meant to ask, will I rrquire a new SD card for my TT Go 720 as I guess I will get the usual error message that I do not have enough space? How do I get around this issue please?
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

razor, back up your device in windows explorer. Then you can delete your maps from your system or card and when you download the new maps they should go on with no probs.
I may be wrong but i thought the new map downloads are installing over the old ones so as negating this error of no space.
If you want to trim your package size go into home and delete all those foriegn voice files, unless you like to hear instructions in languagues you may not understand they are surplus to requirements.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: