Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost computer voices after TT's advice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost computer voices after TT's advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Lost computer voices after TT's advice Reply with quote

I contacted TT Support because af a problem after updating to v8.3.

I use recorded voice Tim for instructions & computer voice "Kate" for warnings. When disconnecting after using the HOME emulator, it reverts to Kate for everything.

Support advised me to delete the Loquendo Files from my computer & device then to download and install the Computer voices from HOME.

and to "Please confirm that the computer voices are now working."

Unfortunately I can now only select from the recorded voices Tim & Jane even though HOME says Kate & Simon are on the device.

Viewing the device contents with Windows Explorer. shows two folders in the device's root named "Kate" & "Simon", and in the new "LoquendoTTS" that was created when I downloaded the voices, there are a few files with "kate" & "simon" as part of their name. Is that right or should those folders be in the "LoquendoTTS" folder?

I could, of course, restore my backup which should give me the computer voices back, then I would have to remember to select both voices after operating my device through HOME.

Now that I can only select the recorded voices, Tim still works after operating through HOME, so it only seems to be faulty when you have both voices selected.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is classic poor advice you have been given, I would make a backup of the new Kate and Simon voice folders to your PC then remove these files from the root of the device as they shouldn't be there.
Copy your original LoquendoTTS folder to the device then replace the Kate and Simon folders within the LoquendoTTS folder with the new folders you had in the root of the device (the ones you copied to the PC before removing them)

There are other files within the LoquendoTTS folder that the device requires for the voices to work, deleting the folder isn't a viable option as Home will only replace the voice files, not the licence files etc - Mike
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike. This is certainly the place to ask and you have got me back to where I was. I can once again select the computer voices.

But the original problem remains if I have Tim for the instructions and Kate for the warnings, then I operate my Go with HOME's emulator, it changes the instruction voice to Kate. If I choose Tim for the instructions and say no to a computer voice then Tim is still the selected voice after disconnecting.
It's not a big deal but before the upgrade, no voices worked after using the emulator and the upgrade has only partly cured it. In fact it's worse because at least it warned you before that you had no voices.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told TT Support that I have my computer voices back and
Quote:
But, when I have used the HOME emulator to operate my GO it still de-selects the recorded voice (Tim or Jane) and I get the computer voice (Kate or Simon) giving me the navigation instructions.

This only happens when I have a recorded voice selected for the navigation and a computer voice selected for the warnings. If I say no to a computer voice so I only have a recorded voice selected, then it stays when I have operated through HOME.

Re my earlier question (080924-008224), unfortunately Ronnie McF telephoned me the last time so there is no record, but he told me that deselecting my voices was a fault in the software which would be fixed in an upgrade. The actual problem is only a minor niggle because I just have to remember to reselect both voices when I have operated through HOME and in fact, I'm tending to avoid doing that, but I thought the developers should be made aware that the upgrade seems to have only partially fixed it.
This was the reply
Quote:
Fantastic! thank you for the information, as much as you can give me the better it is so I can feed this back to the developers, we have numerous challenges reference the Loquendo files at the moment so as much information we have the better understanding and resolution we can find for consumers.

I have fed this back to the Research and Development team to see if they can identify what exactly is causing this issue and resolve this asap

With Best Regards
Ben

The TomTom Customer Support Team
proves once again that the customers are the testers. Grrrr

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: