Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom can get it right sometimes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom can get it right sometimes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: TomTom can get it right sometimes Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you TomTom.

After a year of hell with Tomtom x20 units (4x 720s and a 920) all with different faults, TT support have finally come good. I have just taken delivery of a shiny new 930 unit as a free replacement for my 920 which had 2 major repairs and still had problems after they were repaired.

During this time I even had to film the device and send DVD to them when it was faulty as TT would not accept that the fault existed.

Getting action taken was no mean feat as we all know how difficult it can be dealing with TT customer support.

I finally managed to get to one more than helpful representative who took ownership of my case and directed me to the UK customer support manager. I got the impression that customer support didn't realise how badly they are perceived by their customers.

I now look forward to happy carefree travelling and hopefully not having to spend huge amounts on phone bills to TomTom. Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done TomTom - you can get it right sometimes Very Happy

go 1005
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good result but a shame these big companies don't act sooner.

I wonder how many people just give up when this sort of thing happens.

Good job you got a new unit upgrade but annoying that you had to send in a DVD to prove that it was faulty, it's like these big companies think we are all liars or we imagine things are wrong.

Enjoy the new toy
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a good result, I too am now experiencing some excellent communication from TomTom Customer service, with them phoning me to let me keep in up todate on the status of the ongoing investigation and repairs to my 720 which has been with them 4 weeks now.

Shame it took them so long to respond or even acknowledge there were problems.

But credit where credit is due, they are now responding in a positive way, so Thank you TomTom.
GO 920 Dead
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had good results with tomtom customer services recently.

The car charger for my 22 month old GO510 became very hot at the end that connects to the car and caused to charge light on the GO510 to pulse on and off.

A single request via tt's web site was followed by a response asking for proof of purchase. As the receipt is no longer readable I sent a copy of my on-line reservation. Even though this is not proof that I purchased it there was no query and a new charger was posted to me free of charge.

Well done TomTom.
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense a wind of change.
That's 3 positives in only 2 days.
TomTom - you are in danger of restoring faith in yourselves.
Duncan

go 1005
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its worth a mention that if a fault develops in anything purchased in the UK then the sale of Goods act says that within a reasonable period of time its the retailer who should be sorting it out for the customer, not the manufacturer.

The reasonable period of time is not clearly defind within the rules of the game, but I think it reasonable to expect within 28 days the retailer should replace it with a new one or refund the purchase price. After that arrange repair or replacement up to about six months, then repair after that up to about five years maximum, but dont expect to get anywhere after twelve months as this seems to be the most any retailer will consider, but thats not what the rules say.

For whatever reason TomTom seem to have become the default for sorting out customer hardware problems perhaps because the reatilers are passing the buck, this could give a false impression of TT service.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had great service from Ronnie McF at TT UK Support when I asked about having to reselect the voices every time I have operated my Go through HOME. He made several suggestions and always replied very quickly when I responded to say that they didn't work.

Eventually he actually telephoned me to tell me that this is a fault in HOME which the developers are aware of and that it affects everybody. He apologised for not having been aware of that before. So, although he didn't know the answer, his communications were excellent. Smile
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
I too have had great service from Ronnie McF at TT UK Support when I asked about having to reselect the voices every time I have operated my Go through HOME. He made several suggestions and always replied very quickly when I responded to say that they didn't work.

Eventually he actually telephoned me to tell me that this is a fault in HOME which the developers are aware of and that it affects everybody. He apologised for not having been aware of that before. So, although he didn't know the answer, his communications were excellent. Smile

It is good of them to call so top marks for that, but, I emailed them many months ago about the exact same problem as you reported & they mailed me back saying that they knew all about it & were in the process of fixing it.

It is not fixed & it appears that they do not share much information at TT HQ so the support staff know about it nor are they in much of a rush to get a fix out.

Credit where credits due to TT but they could improve in many areas.
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: other retailers. Reply with quote

I think you'll find that TOMTOM do all the warranty for Dixons online and then probably for a lot of other retailers. Many of the problems with TomTom units are software and therefore TomTom is the right port of call. None of this excuses generally poor customer service and poor product knowledge.
Duncan

go 1005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: