Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Temporary Gatso
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Temporary Gatso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Temporary Gatso Reply with quote

I traveled on the A55 in North Wales recently and there is a section between Juncs 32 and 33 which has a 50 mph limit for some long term roadworks. There is a Gatso mounted on a trailer on each carriage way but these were not warned about on my Tom Tom. They are however marked on the map on this site with the following ID Temporary Gatso 54719 and 54725.
Does anyone know why these are not on my latest camera database?
Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because the map is "live" i.e. it shows the situation now, but the last published database was Version 6.092 on 12 Sep 08.
So if these cameras were erected spotted and confirmed after that date, you won't have them yet.

We are due for a new release any day now so all will be well on that one.

(we usually get about two a month, but I believe admin holidays have delayed it a little this time - although we are still well within the promised monthly update interval)

EDIT - NO.... I have just re-downloaded the latest release and those cameras both appear in it, so the problem must be with your system.
If you look at the files you downloaded, there should be one called "release.txt". If you open that in notepad or any text editor, it should tell you the version you are running.
RichardM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Andy P. I have checked my release number and it is the same as the one you quoted. I have the full range of camera warnings from 20 mph gatso through mobile and specs to temp so I would have expected it to come within one of the categories. Maybe I have a faulty download? The problem is I don't know when I will be back down that road again to check it out. Anyway it is not a major problem as I know where it is even if it does not warn me.
Thanks for the help
RichardM
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always examine the 50mph Temp file with POIEdit and see if you can find reference to cameras 54719 or 54725. This will determine whether they are on your TT or not.
RichardM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see there is no 50 temp file, just one temp file which presumably covers all temp sites
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct, there shouldn't be a "50mph temp" file, they are all in there together.

This should be easy to sort out though.
First, check that you have actually set up the "warn when near" for the Temp category. When you are doing the original set-up for all the speed-zoned warnings, it is easy to miss one, especially the Temp one which is last on the list after all the 20-30-40-50-60-70 categories.

My guess is that is the problem, but if not:
1. check the "Temp" category actually exists on the TomTom
2. download POIEdit from http://www.poiedit.com/ and use it to open the file (make sure it is the one actually on your machine, not one on the PC that you THINK is the same!)
3. Use POIEdit's "search" feature to look for the camera ID numbers.

As I said, I just did exactly that with a fresh download of the same version, and they ARE there on that.
RichardM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Andy. The temp category is on the tt and is ticked along with all the other camera categories, and all are set up to warn when near.
I will download the poiedit and see if I can find the cameras. Will report back when I have succeeded.
RichardM
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing you can do is open up the map folder with Windows Explorer to check that check is that the pocketgps_uk_......ov2 files all have the same "date modified".
It could be that somehow when you last copied them over, the Temp one got missed so you're looking at a previous one?
RichardM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved. Whilst the temp camera classification was listed to show the symbol there was no audible warning set up for it. I must have missed the symbol on the screen when actually driving through as it is not easy to see them, on the small screen of the tt that I have. All has now been rectified. Thanks to all for their help.
RichardM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: