Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying 530t or 520t
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying 530t or 520t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fog_Dude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Buying 530t or 520t Reply with quote

Hi I am looking to buy new TomTom sat nav. I am looking at the 530traffic but have seen the 520traffic much cheaper than the 530. If I was to fully update the 520 would it effectively be a 530. hope that makes sense

Thanx Edd
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look around there are a few threads on this, if it is brand new then there is no problem and the Latest Map Guarantee will allow you to turn your x20 into a "virtual" x30.

If I were you I would mention on here from where you intend to buy the device and then with some solid advice forthcoming a definitive answer will be given.

Cheers

Carl

Oops almost forgot to mention I did exactly the same very recently with a 520T purchased from Argos, I turned into a 530T in just a few hours, all for free, the only problem with the Argos ones is that they maybe a little thin on the ground at the moment
nosenseuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new TT GO 520 @ handtec for £133.94 + (which every delivery option u choose) so about £140.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/673/tomtom-go-520

If u want traffic, take a look at amazon for the tmc receiver or wait to see what the situation on hd traffic before buying.

You might want to take a look at this too:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1316

also from handtec.. u will need to ask about the LMG on the first link. the 2nd link says there one free update. Also it comes with speed camera update for a year.. although ppl here say its useless.. but its for u to decide really.

another edit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000RW2WU2/ref=dp_olp_2/278-5237887-4700002

the cheapest 1 on amazon is £130+ £4.5 delivery charge.

Cheapest new 530 on amazon is £179.99
Fog_Dude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for replies ppl. Thanx also for the links to handtec but needed replacement asap.
Turned out the 520t was not available so bit the bullet and bought the 530t from halfords @ £215.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: