Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database + TomTom920T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database + TomTom920T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Database + TomTom920T Reply with quote

I've now subscribed to the database and downloaded/installed.
It seems...to have loaded successfully as has the sounds that I downloaded separately.

The question I have and reason for my query - At the stage where you 'manage POI's' the instructions that you suggest and the and the commands available under the latest Tomtom operating system are at variance.

Do I next click (+) a new POI for each group of cameras? If I try that, by default it asks for a location? If you click on a city - it then gives you the sub-set of cameras in that city?

Or, is there a way of adding all the cameras under each heading and them sorting themselves out into which town they relate to etc. I'm confused. As I say, they seem to be all there but I don't have a separate POI for each group or anything like that?

Given my satnav model (920T), can those familiar with the right sequence from the point of clicking 'manage POI's' help me through exactly what to click next, and explain how to do this for each group.

Thanks chaps.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I fully understand your issue?

Select Manage POIs, then select Warn when near POI

Then select each individual pocketgps POI entry and configure the warning distance and sound.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

I've configured the sounds as you suggest already.

The problem is, that earlier, after I copied the database to the Western Europe Map folder and then tried to continue following the instructions from your step by step guide. The next instruction says:

Step 5. Display POIs on your TomTom GO
Finally, to enable POIs in your TomTom GO select them in your POI categories:

Change Preferences | Manage (or Maintain) POI | Enable / Disable POI
Select POI

They now are displayed on your GO screen in both 3D maps and 2D maps.
Even if you do not display POIs on screen, you can now "navigate to" your Poi’s, find POIs near your location, etc.

Having copied them to the TomTom - are they all now viewable? The thing is the 920T operating system doesn't allow you to do any of the commands noted above or i am misreading the above instructions which are a bit ambiguous. If you click 'manage POI' there are 6 categories that come up - do I need to do further configuring to enable the speed cameras to be viewed on the maps - do I need to do anything else? If so what?

If, for example. I click "Add POI", it gets complicated - I can select a category like "pocketgps uk gatso 20" but then it gives me further options to do something with it - and none seem obvious?

The thing is, the database cameras, at least some of them, appear to be visible on the map as I'm driving. I'm just concerned that I may not have enabled all of them - and some need enabling.

I hope that's clearer!
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS.

In the download instructions on the download page, No's 18 & 19 state:

You now need to 'enable' the cameras on the TomTom so you can see them on the map. Select them in your POI categories by going to: 'Change Preferences' then 'Manage (or Maintain) POI' then 'Enable / Disable POI' (the exact wording will depend on your TomTom unit)
Select each POI in turn.

However, on the 920T, thesre is no 'enable/disable' option - just add and deletes etc. Following these instructions results in the deepwater described above!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you seeing those instructions? The installation guide linked from the download page is here and as far as I can see makes no mention of 'enabling' the cameras which is correct as there is no need to do so.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First lot of instruction, as advised on a forum thread, from this link :

Here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50045

and then here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701

and the more recent info from the current download page for OV2 installation, here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-ov2.php

This is a direct link from the download page. Note steps 18-19, re "enabling". Are these dated now? Where's the right instructions then, sir?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions you quoted are not for your device, the ones you need are linked in my reply above and linked from the download pages for x20's such as your 920.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Darren,

the link you gave me is the one! I will do the work again with satisfaction. Many thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: