Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Losing Settings After Power Loss on MDPNA 250
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing Settings After Power Loss on MDPNA 250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celtic67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Losing Settings After Power Loss on MDPNA 250 Reply with quote

Hi, hopefully someone can help with what I think should be a simple problem. It's driving me mad & the GPS is in danger of meeting Mr Hammer.

I've got a Medion MDPNA 250 (MD96800). I can install the hack to run other stuff, such as the movie player, but the main thing I do is install POI Warner.

I don't use it regularly & the battery tends to go flat easily if I don't charge it all the time. Every time the battery goes flat, I lose POI Warner & have to go through a crazy procedure to reinstall, which I've had enough of.

I use ActiveSync, but when I reconnect the device that's had the power failure (same as a hard reset?), it asks me to create a new partnership, then acts like it's never seen it before and I have to start from scratch.

I used to use Palm systems, which would restore everything back to the way it was. Does ActiveSync provide any method of doing this? If not, is there any way to backup my settings, so I don't have to spend several hours configuring this thing before I drive anywhere that I want to use it?
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately its one of the problems with PDAs, one way I used with my mio is to make the cab file read only on the memory card, then when the battery did go flat just use explorer on the pda and double click on the file to reinstall, Dont know whether this will work on the medion tho.but hope this helps. never used warner but could you not keep copy on seperate folder on card and reinstall same way.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry edited out-double post,flaming vista
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'll go with aj2052, I've got a couple of extras on my medion PNA210T and suffer the same problem(mine uses AA batteries!!)

I did what aj2052 suggested and made the .cab file read only on the SD Card. Re-installs quick and easy!! Laughing

Hope this helps

Regards
Psychojock
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other point to make, I found that i could not make the cab file read only on the Pda so had to copy to pc make read only and then copy back after deleting on pda or add .old on end if you want to play safe,notwithstanding that its always handy to back up before changing anything.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: