Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What next after TT Navigator 5 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What next after TT Navigator 5 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkitchin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: What next after TT Navigator 5 ? Reply with quote

Hi

I've been using TT Navigator 5 Europe for a year or two. It runs on an O2 XDA II with a separate bluetooth antenna. I like this setup because my car has an athermic screen and the antenna sits on the rear window shelf with its own power socket nearby. My months trial to TT Traffic has just expired and with it my service account so I can't even get weather. TT are looking into it.

Truth is, I don't really need satnav for 10 months of the year. Then I need to rely on it heavily to get me from Zeebrugge to north-east France a couple of times a year and then to various camp sites and/or a ferry port in GB for other holidays. My partner's vision continues to deteriorate so paper maps aren't an option. I really enjoyed Traffic when it was working; a few weeks ago it rerouted me round a hold up and probably saved me from missing the ferry.

Where do I go now? I'm ready for a change. TT are expensive for Traffic and the support issue has become annoying. I don't think I can use a TMC receiver with a PDA, or can I? Any suggestions for navigation package that does traffic rerouting via TMC or GPRS and works on a PDA? Your thoughts are very welcome.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: