Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Problem with go 520 green light on but not powering on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Problem with go 520 green light on but not powering on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeann90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Help Problem with go 520 green light on but not powering on Reply with quote

Very Happy I am having some trouble with my tomtom Go 520 Confused it will not power on,i have tried resetting it,and still nothing happens,if i connect the usb cable to it and connect to tomtom home it recognises my 520 ,and it lets me update items ,etc,but the screen is blank,only the green light is lit when connected to charger,or usb cable can anyone tell me what is wrong,if i go in to tom tom home it shows that the maps and other items are there,it has internal memory of 498mb but nothing on the sd card slot, does anyone know what is wrong with this 520 Sad thanks for any help out there, Very Happy
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you can still do a deeper reset. While connected to a charger, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds or more. Then switch on. May need to hold the button in for a few seconds.

If no luck, shine a light at the screen and turn it to a different angle and see if there is a faint image, it could be the illumination.

Otherwise the screen could have gone Sad

Make sure your PC has the copy and paste backup on it (not just the TT Home backup) before you play with it though!
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
joeann90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
I think that you can still do a deeper reset. While connected to a charger, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds or more. Then switch on. May need to hold the button in for a few seconds.

If no luck, shine a light at the screen and turn it to a different angle and see if there is a faint image, it could be the illumination.

Otherwise the screen could have gone Sad

Make sure your PC has the copy and paste backup on it (not just the TT Home backup) before you play with it though!

thanks for the info Very Happy have tried what you suggested, but with no sucess Crying or Very sad i think it is as you say the screen has gone Crying or Very sad so looks like a new tomtom for me Crying or Very sad thanks for your assistance Very Happy
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the purchase date and warranty period some TT's had a two year warranty but that may not apply to 520. When you have it connected to your PC and with Home running are you able to see the screen by selecting the "Operate my device option" this may confirm the device does work. Then if it is out of warranty it may still be more economical to repair rather purchase a new one.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a call to these people: http://www.satnav-shop.com/
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
joeann90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricWB wrote:
Check the purchase date and warranty period some TT's had a two year warranty but that may not apply to 520. When you have it connected to your PC and with Home running are you able to see the screen by selecting the "Operate my device option" this may confirm the device does work. Then if it is out of warranty it may still be more economical to repair rather purchase a new one.

Very Happy yes i can operate the device when i am running Home, and i can see the screen in home ,it is just that the screen is blank,and will not power on, i purchased it from someone on ebay ,so no warranty Crying or Very sad thanks for reply Very Happy
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it ever work? If not you need to get back to the seller and, if no joy, report him to eBAY & PayPal. They should be able to get you your money back.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: