Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One V4 (V8?) WE - Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One V4 (V8?) WE - Speed Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridgmont
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: TomTom One V4 (V8?) WE - Speed Cameras Reply with quote

I bought a TomTom One V4 We last week as a replacement from my old PDA which appears to have finally given up.

When I bought the TomTom it came with TomTom Speed Cameras pre-installed, these could be viewed browsing the map and also gave an audible warning when nearby.

After connecting the TomTom to TomTom Home (something I am starting to regret) the Speed Cameras have disappeared and no more audible warnings. The Speed Camera are shown on the menus of the TomTom and also via TomTom home they are shown for most of Europe.

I would be very grateful if anybody can offer assistance as to why they are not working.

I have put a support question to TomTom but their advice was on no use.

I am reasonably happy with most of the TomTom4 but when it comes to POIs it is no where near as versatile as Navigator 5.21 that was on my PDA. I have been told by TomTom that it is not possible to create POI categories or Add POI to existing categories - which does seem very poor as the old Navigator 5.21 had some very useful facilites here - I have been told by TomTom that the software is the 'Lite' version which I find both confusing and disapointing.

Please help on the speed cameras. Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are mistaken in your first comment. The TomTom-supplied cameras DON'T show up on 'Browse map', ONLY on the navigation view.

The set up for them is done in the "Plus Services" menu (Plus Services/TT Safety cameras/Change warning preferences) is this where you are looking?
Select "ALL", a time and a sound effect.

To be honest though, not many people here are experts on the TT cameras because they are worse than useless and we replace them with the database from here which allows full voice/speed warnings instead.
ridgmont
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have suggested that they would not be visible in Browse Map - I can accept this as they are not treated quite the same as POIs.

Unfortunately I am not seeing or hearing them whilst driving. I am aware that they may not be heard if you are travelling at less that 60% of the speed limit, but I have been exceeding this speed.

I have enable the noises etc in Plus services.

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always worth trying a reset....
On most machines this is done with a pin in a hole in the bottom, but on the new ONE I believe you just hold down the power switch for about fifteen seconds. It should then re-boot and you'll see a progress bar fill up at the bottom of the screen as it reloads the program.
ridgmont
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a reset this evening after reading how to do it in the manual - unfortunately it has not worked.

I wonder if it is something to do with subscriptions as it was working until I connected to TomTom Home.

Any further advice needed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: