Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - north south divide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

north south divide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonktm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: north south divide Reply with quote

does anybody know where the sd cards are split if you purchase the whole of the uk on the two cards. cheers. anton
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find this information from the SatMap.com web site in the map shop where there is a button for each map type which shows the coverage of a single card.
The divide line looks to be around Southport going straight across the country to Hull - Mike
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or for £15 you can get SatMap to put both North and South 1:50 000 maps on a single card (why haven't they started selling them on a single card yet?)

For details , you'll need to phone the company.
antonktm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sorry still cant find the line on web site.can these cards be backed up in case you lose one £200 on a small card that you can take into the woods seems a tad risky. i have road angel with MM which you can put onto any sd card that costs a tenner, problem with RA 7000 is that the battery will not last all day despite what they say and having to carry a charger around with you is not good.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an SD card correctly installed to the active10 and the rubber cover in place there is very little chance of it falling out, but cards can die and AFAIK SatMap will give you a second card with the map installed for a nominal charge.
If you backup the card to your PC you can only re-install the data to the same memory card as the data is locked to the cards unique ID - this is a measure against piracy.

I have never had an SD card fall out of the device while out using the unit, it is safe and secure whilst in use - the issue if there is one is keeping multiple cards safe whilst they are not in the device, as Lucevans has mentioned putting all your maps on a single card is a better idea and much safer - Mike
JimCrosskell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The join is along the A180/M180 in North Lincolnshire. So I suppose it runs along this line al the way East to West.
Richard_GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received my full GB on two seperate cards from an independant retailer. I phoned Satmap & asked them about the two card north south divide (as per above in this forum) & I was told that they are now shipping them out on one card. I was unlucky I guess. If I pay £10 +P&P, they can copy them onto one card for me. These are brand new in two boxes which have never been opened. I am disappointed that they will not just swop them for a one card system & sell the others as North & South products. Which I suspect is exactly what will happen. Seems they are out to extract every bit of money they can which is rather disappointing. Crying or Very sad
malibu_babe_28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the Full GB card set from Amazon which turned up today (I'm still waiting for the Satmap itself to arrive separately). On the front of the box it says Full GB (South), and there was only one card in the box.

Does this mean that Amazon have cocked up my order and only sent me half the mapping (the south half), or have Satmap just not updated the boxes to read full GB rather than North or South?

Help appreciated, Tina.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina,

If you have a suitable card reader you could put it in that and have a look at the files it contains.It has to be a reader than can read High Capacity cards though.I bought one for about £8.

My full GB arrived in two separate boxes ( not from Amazon though ),one saying GB North and the other GB South so I would say Amazon has only sent you half.

Retailers probably have "old" stock to shift on the two separate cards until they receive deliveries of the full GB all on one card.

Ian
malibu_babe_28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that I did only get half the mapping (I went and got the Satmap at 6:30 this morning when the sorting office opened), and I am only mapped up to the Humber. Amazon are going to replace the mapping for me, but its a 4-6 week wait. Boo. On the plus side they've not asked for the mapping I have back, so at least I can explore half the UK until it turns up!

Thx,
Tina.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: