Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with assigning Speed Zoned OGG with TomTom 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with assigning Speed Zoned OGG with TomTom 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Problems with assigning Speed Zoned OGG with TomTom 530 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have subscribed to the camera database and downloaded + copied over the Speed Zoned Complete files. I then did the same for the relevant set of ogg files.

Then I went to set up the warnings for each of the cameras. All the gatso and uk mobile files all went as per your instruction Very Happy The uk pm mobile are not included in the ogg file set, so I guess its normal warnings for those (not done these yet). The problems started, when I went to set up uk redlight.

I select it, for the distance I have just left it at 300 yards, so click OK. It goes to the next screen and defaults to sound effect as it did with the gatso etc, so I click on done and it now loops to setting the distance again Sad

The strange thing is, if I go back to say the gatso 20 and just run through it again without removing the warning, that also loops back to setting the distance. The only way out of it is to cancel. It will not assign the matching ogg file now.

Have I done something wrong somewhere along the line here?

I have turned the 530 off and back on again but to no avail.

Any help in sorting this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gazza.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which voice pack did you install to the device as there are quite a number of options? Given this information one of us can check it out - Mike
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I have managed to fix it now.

Under voice alert collections I originally clicked on the Speed Zoned 70 icon and downloaded http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/downloads/ogg_files/PGPSW_TTS_speedzoned.zip

I have now deleted all these from the Tom Tom 530 and added the Speed Zoned Liz version 2 with loud siren and the matching pmobile set. Gone back into manage POI's and done them all again.... and this time every single one worked.

But it went pear shaped with the original set that I installed.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had a chance to check this problem (I left my Go at work last night!), but as an aside.... Darren, are there meant to be links associated with the three camera icons right at the beginning of that page (where it says "Voice Alert Collections"), or is that a mistake? They are a repeat of the first described set.
Gazza_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done a demo of a route and all the alerts are working fine from the Liz version Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Not had a chance to check this problem (I left my Go at work last night!), but as an aside.... Darren, are there meant to be links associated with the three camera icons right at the beginning of that page (where it says "Voice Alert Collections"), or is that a mistake? They are a repeat of the first described set.

Those icons are the 'key' and were not meant to have live links, I've now removed them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: