Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New type of GATSO?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New type of GATSO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: New type of GATSO? Reply with quote

Gatsos have recently been installed near me that have a second 'CCTV' type camera in front for the GATSO pointing down toward the painted lines. Does any one know what this is for? If it's just for taking a side shot of a car it seems a bit strange. Any ideas anyone?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you can grab a photo of the installation or describe in more detail where this is? - Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has there been any news reports of people saying they don't know who was driving? it could be an extra measure for that or for motorbikes - i.e. the rear of the bike is snapped along with the front (for registration)?

just a thought

MaFt
Stebbo14
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New type of GATSO? Reply with quote

Rockat wrote:
Gatsos have recently been installed near me that have a second 'CCTV' type camera in front for the GATSO pointing down toward the painted lines. Does any one know what this is for? If it's just for taking a side shot of a car it seems a bit strange. Any ideas anyone?

I can tell you exactly what these are for having had first hand experience as a lawyer defending people on speeding charges. These are to identify the driver of the vehicle that sets off the gatso. They operate in conjunction with the gatso, i.e are only triggered when the gatso triggers, so they are not on all the time. They are also used by the emergency services to view whether their drivers are actually on emergency calls when and if they set off the gatso.
Hope that helps
Stebbo
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would have been easier to change to a Truvelo camera which can take a picture from the front.
Maybe it is cheaper to add this extra camera on, than to change the entire camera.

Quote:
They are also used by the emergency services to view whether their drivers are actually on emergency calls when and if they set off the gatso.

I bet they can soon talk themselves out of that one, always one rule for the police and another for the rest of us.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
I thought it would have been easier to change to a Truvelo camera which can take a picture from the front.
Maybe it is cheaper to add this extra camera on, than to change the entire camera.

Quote:
They are also used by the emergency services to view whether their drivers are actually on emergency calls when and if they set off the gatso.

I bet they can soon talk themselves out of that one, always one rule for the police and another for the rest of us.

Question Police?? I thought it said Emergency Services.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: