Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 760T traffic alert issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 760T traffic alert issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 760T traffic alert issues Reply with quote

Hi,

I purchased a 760T after going through a lot of reviews on the current sat navs available. It works really well as a sat nav compared to the old navman system I had previously. However I'm having a big issue with the traffic alerts.

When I first purchased and used the 760T (about 3 weeks ago) it automatically linked to the trafficmaster system and told me of delays on my route. However over the last few days I've done my first big journey for the last few weeks and it didn't warn me of anything. I didn't think anything (apart from lucky me no traffic jams) until I got stuck on the M25 without a warning. I then suspected the system wasn't working.

I have updated the software through the Garmin Webupdater and still get the problems - no traffic information.

There are 2 noticeable problems on the system:

The LED on the charger only ever seemed to show a blinking or solid yellow light (didn't get to green)
In the sat nav itself in the tools/settings/traffic menu I have checked my subscriptions and I have the trafficmaster lifetime subscription, but back in the traffic settings the system is set to "auto-search" and if I change it to "trafficmaster" (hoping that this would solve the problem) then the sat nav crashes.... After switching back on the traffic connection doesn't even come up on the system until the unit has been switched off and on several times.

Has anyone come across this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks

Ben
BenP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen to obviously get this sorted as soon as possible and am finding the Garmin website pretty useless in terms of being able to send them a query (having finally found a form on this customer support area - it doesn't work in firefox or IE).

Does anyone have any idea for solving this or an email address for Garmin's tech support?
Beefheart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenP wrote:
Does anyone have an email address for Garmin's tech support?

I don't have an e-mail address but you can free phone them on 0808 238 0000. I've always found them pleasant and, usually, very helpful.
BenP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to them and they suggested that the traffic aerial was too close to the pillar at the edge of the windscreen - having then read all the comments in the traffic forum it appears this traffic alert system while promising a lot is in fact crap!

Also bearing in mind that your car will fail an MOT if it has a chip on the windscreen in a certain position - I'm not sure the police will be too convinced that putting a traffic aerial in the middle of the windscreen is any better.

Mad
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: How close is too close? Reply with quote

BenP wrote:
Spoke to them and they suggested that the traffic aerial was too close to the pillar at the edge of the windscreen

Well this configuration certainly works ok...

Did they talk you through the diagnostics screen? - would be interesting to know what the numbers mean...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: